Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User is not authorized error in 7.x Web application designer

Former Member
0 Kudos

All users that do not have full security (*) to a hierarchy object are getting an error when trying to execute a web application are getting an error that displays as 'User is not authorized'. When the hierarchy object (has hierarchy set to active) is removed from the rows of the BEX query and put in free characteristics then the web application runs without error. The users are able to run the BEX query successfully with no error.

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rhonda,

The issue might with the S_RS authorization objects. Ensure that all the required authorization is provided for the user, else they will receive "User not authorized" error.

The authorization should be given as Info Provider --> Info Area --> Info Cubes. If any authorization is missing in this hierarchy, use will not be able to run the query.

You can further use ST01 trace to identify what exactly is missing.

Regards,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Traces were run in ST01 and RSECADMIN and both came back fine and showing no issue with authorizations. Any other ideas, the person is able to run the query in bex analyzer with no problem and only sees an error when that same query is used with a web application.

0 Kudos

Try this [thread|;

Also try to search object in RS authorization class. There is object specifically for WAD. I don't recall the exact name. From description you should get it.

Regards,

Arpan Paik

0 Kudos

Hi Rhonda,

If you are experiencing "User Not Authorized" error in the web application, it should still trace in the object level (ST01) and analysis authorization level (RSECADMIN Trace) traces. Since it is successful for you, then I recommend you to look at the roles and to make sure that the below authorization objects are assinged:

S_RS_BTMP

S_RS_BITM

S_RS_ERPT

S_RS_EREL

I still suspect that the trace was not done correctly. Please re-check. Your Basis/Security team might be a good help with this activity.

Regards,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the suggestions. I have forwarded the list of authorization objects on to our security team as well as one of our experts on the security model to have them confirm that the authorizations are set up or if they can find anything missing.

I will also follow-up on the ST01 trace to confim how the security team did that as well.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes. Just make sure that they activate the trace on the right app server. Some times they don't check the same. Remember, the trace should give RC=0 if every thing is successful.

Regards,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Doing some additional testing and found that the person can run the query in version 3.5 if the hierarchy object is in the rows. In verions 7.0, the person is only able to run the query when the object tied to a hierarchy is in free characteristics. To throw another loop in it, the peron can create a WEBI report off of a universe built on a smiliar BEX query created in 7.0 that has the hierarchy object in the rows but cannot run the actual query. Still looking in to the roles that were suggested.

0 Kudos

Hi Rhonda,

What does the trace says? and yes I can infer that there is some inconsistency in the setup process of Authorizations. My other recommendation would be to cross check all the steps to make sure that the authorization setup is appropriate.

Your BI consultants might be of a good help here.

Regards,

Raghu