Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SU20 (no screen) and SU21 (developer key) issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

I haven't created a custom field or custom object for years (literally) and I'm trying to create a custom field and then object for training purposes in DEV.

I'm finding that SU20 fails to start but gives no error or trace problems and the SU21 requests a developer key so I'm going to assume (stupidly) that maybe SU20 is quietly objecting to my attempt to run it without a key as well?

Who is responsible for the creation of the custom field in SU20 and then the custom object in SU21 - SAP Note 20534 says that the ABAP programmer creates both field and object so the they can be used in the program

As I said - years since I created my one and only custom object and I can't remember having a developer key way back (it would be madness anyway) so have things changed since 4.5 please?

Running on ECC6 7

BTW - that sap note is a nice guide...

Cheers

David

Traces

hh:mm:ss:ms Type Lasts(us) Object Text

16:53:45:427 AUTH - - - S_TCODE RC=0 TCD=SU21;

16:53:45:757 AUTH - - - S_TCODE RC=0 TCD=SU21;

16:53:45:757 AUTH - - - S_DEVELOP RC=0 ACTVT=03;DEVCLASS= ;OBJNAME= ;OBJTYPE=SUSO;P_GROUP= ;

16:53:46:469 AUTH - - - S_ALV_LAYO RC=0 ACTVT=23;

Client: XXX User: XXXXXX Transaction SU20

Work Process 1 PID Date: 01.08.2011 Start:16:53:50:537,785Finish:16:53:50:907,027

First Block of Dialog Step Last Block in Dialog Step

Block Version: XXXX No. of Records: 23 File Version: 1

hh:mm:ss:ms Type Lasts(us) Object Text

16:53:50:538 AUTH - - - S_TCODE RC=0 TCD=SU20;

16:53:50:803 AUTH - - - S_TCODE RC=0 TCD=SU20;

16:53:50:803 AUTH - - - S_DEVELOP RC=0 ACTVT=03;DEVCLASS= ;OBJNAME= ;OBJTYPE=SUSO;P_GROUP= ;

16:53:50:883 AUTH - - - S_CTS_ADMI RC=0 tcode= ;CTS_ADMFCT=TABL; (there are more lines for this but all the same)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

martin_voros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

I remembered discussion here on SDN where somebody mentioned that requirement to be developer when creating/modifying authorization object was added later. I was able to find it for you. [Here you go|;.

Cheers

2 REPLIES 2

martin_voros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

I remembered discussion here on SDN where somebody mentioned that requirement to be developer when creating/modifying authorization object was added later. I was able to find it for you. [Here you go|;.

Cheers

0 Kudos

Hi Martin

Thanks for finding that thread - I did search but I think I should have tried a little bit harder considering how recent it was

Yes, it does make sense .. and then it doesn't ... and then it does!

Just seems odd for an ABAP programmer to be creating auth objects and fields and then you remember that they are the ones 'using' them in their programs so it's sharing common ground.

At least I don't have to worry about training that particular bit now - maybe just outline why and what.

Many thanks

David