cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Receiver Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sending data from File(XML)->XI->RFC (insert into database table)

I am getting the following error

-

The message was successfully received by the messaging system. Profile: XIURL: http://starxi:50000/MessagingSystem/receive/AFW/XI

Using connection AFW. Trying to put the message into the receive queue.

The message was successfully retrieved from the receive queue.

The message status set to DLNG.

Delivering to channel: F2R_RFC_CC

Exception caught by adapter framework: RfcAdapter: receiver channel not in list of running clientPools: 700a9555e157381fbdbf4ebe806d29eb

Delivery of the message to the application using connection AFW failed, due to: RfcAdapter: receiver channel not in list of running clientPools: 700a9555e157381fbdbf4ebe806d29eb.

-

How to solve this?

<b>Question2:</b>

Somebody ask this question to me ( i did't understand properly, hope somebody can)

When doing RFC Scenario, how you used to handle it on R/3 side? you used to Run a Report or BAPI or BADI ??

Clear me..

Thanks

Seshu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Q1: possible errors from Ur XI side:

1) check the RFC client parameters like Application Server, client, login user/Pwd

2) are U sure about the receiver communication channel with RFC adapter and Receiver

agreement configured properly

3) Deactivate and activate Ur RFC Adapter engine.

4) go through the Note: 730870

Q1: <i>When doing RFC Scenario, how you used to handle it on R/3 side? you used to Run a Report or BAPI or BADI ??</i>

Its depends on the functional requirements.

1) If U have Standard/Custom BAPI, then create a Wrapper RFC (Custom RFC, which will call the given BAPI inside the RFC, with custom validations). call the Wrapper RFC into XI and remaining things are same as RFC adapter.

2) If Standard/Custom BAPI not available, call BDC flow(Session/CT) in the Wrapper RFC, there U can handle the sy-subrc and can send the acknowledgment back to sender.

3) if U don't have BAPI/BDC Transaction, U can INSERT/UPDATE directly the database tables within Wrapper RFC(this is not the recommendable way to handle SAP Database).

From,

Yallabandi...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Seshu,

Please check this thread too..

cheers

Prashanth

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Seshu,

<i>Exception caught by adapter framework: RfcAdapter: receiver channel not in list of running clientPools: 700a9555e157381fbdbf4ebe806d29eb

Delivery of the message to the application using connection AFW failed, due to: RfcAdapter: receiver channel not in list of running clientPools: 700a9555e157381fbdbf4ebe806d29eb.

-

</i>

Take a look at the <b>RFC adapter FAQ note 730870</b> , Question : 20

<i>It is not possible to send RFC calls to the RfcAdapter sender channel and the RfcAdapter is not registered at the SAP Gateway. RfcAdapter receiver channels report a error like "RfcAdapter: receiver channel not in list of running clientPools..." in the Message Audit Log of the Adapter Engine. What happened?</i>

<i>The RfcAdapter checks the configuration of each channel during the start of this channel. This is done during startup of the whole RfcAdapter (J2EE service) or when the RfcAdapter receives a new (or changed) channel from the Integration Directory. Mainly the RFC client parameter are checked with a connect/disconnect to the remote system. In receiver channels this is done for the client parameter and the metadata repository parameter, in sender channels only for the metadata repository parameter. If this check fails the channel is marked as failed and will not be used for sending or receiving of RFC calles within RfcAdapter. The test is done again each time when the channel is updated in the Integration Directory or after a restart of the RfcAdapter. The status of each channel in the RfcAdapter can be monitored in the Adapter Monitor. Note 769791 describes this in detail.

May there are situations where the check of the connection will fail due to a temporary error (like network, ...). The channel will not be usable despite the temporary error may disappeared when the first message should be delivered through this channel. If this is common in the environment where the RfcAdapter is used, the check can be disabled for the whole RfcAdapter. Set the RfcAdapter J2EE service property 'initialRfcClientConnectCheck' from 'true' to 'false'. The changing of J2EE properties is discussed in Q 17. This parameter was introduced in XI 3.0 SP9.</i>

Regards,

Bhavesh

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the XI Pipeline URL in the SLD.

Go to SLD->business system,-><your Integrtaion Server>->check the pipeline url.

It should be http://<XI server>:<port>/sap/xi/engine?type=entry

Here port should be http port i.e 8xxx.

Check this.

Also refer SAP Note - 730870 Question no 20.

<i>Somebody ask this question to me ( i did't understand properly, hope somebody can)

When doing RFC Scenario, how you used to handle it on R/3 side? you used to Run a Report or BAPI or BADI ??</i>

>>>When you call RFC, you are calling a function module from the remote system. So function module is something like function in any language.(if XI->RFC)

If you are triggering RFC from the R/3 into XI , then you can use Report to trigger this. totally it depends

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna Moorthy,

Can you please elobrate on my second question..

you said totally <i>it depends</i>, can you give me one example?

What else we can use other than report?

Thanks

Seshu

sunilachyut
Contributor
0 Kudos

From the XI you can call RFCs/BAPIs/IDocs to R/3. Depending on what your requirement is, you can call anything. Most of the requirements are either to call BAPIs or IDocs to create some document or change documents.

hith

Sunil Achyut

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hI,

This blog may help you on this~ for your other question also

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/08/14/choose-the-right-adapter-to-integrate-with-sap-systems

regards,

Moorthy