cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery address formatting problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to change the way address is printed in a script. The script uses the following statement to print the address -

ADDRESS DELIVERY PARAGRAPH ZZ
  ADDRESSNUMBER &PEKKO-ADRN2(K)&
  FROMCOUNTRY &LFA1-LAND1&
ENDADDRESS

The address is printed in the following format

Title
Name
Street
Street 3
Street 2
City 1 City 2 State Postal Code
Country

The problem is -- 'Street 4' is not printed and the position of Street 3 and Street 2 are swapped, I researched a bit and found that the address format is decided based on the country and can be edited only using a user exit for the function module ADDRESS_INTO_PRINTFORM. I went through the document and found that it is too much of an effort for this adjustment.

So, I used a form routine to fetch the address details (fields: Title, Name1, Name2, Name3, Name4, Street, Street2, Street3, Street4, City etc) from table ADRC. There are no address details maintained in the table SADR in the current production system. I used the address formatting ADDRESS... ENDADDRESS to format the address based on the data I have

TITLE    &SHIPTOADDR-TITLE&
  NAME     &SHIPTOADDR-NAME1&, &SHIPTOADDR-NAME2&, &SHIPTOADDR-NAME3&, &SHIPTOADDR-NAME4&
  STREET   &SHIPTOADDR-STREET&
  STREET   &SHIPTOADDR-STR_SUPPL1&
  STREET   &SHIPTOADDR-STR_SUPPL2&
  STREET   &SHIPTOADDR-STR_SUPPL3&
  CITY     &SHIPTOADDR-CITY1&, &SHIPTOADDR-CITY2&
  POSTCODE &SHIPTOADDR-POST_CODE1&
  COUNTRY  &SHIPTOADDR-COUNTRY&
  REGION   &SHIPTOADDR-REGION&
  FROMCOUNTRY &LFA1-LAND1&
ENDADDRESS

The problem is that the above code skips Street, Street 2 and Street 3 and prints only Street4, I guess there is some kind of overwriting. I cannot concatenate all the 4 street fields into one field because of the length factor (35 chars each) and every street has to be printed in a different line.

My questions

1. Is there a way I can force the program to print all the streets still using ADDRESS.. ENDADDRESS.

2. In a different context, does a statement like below print all the 4 streets of an address

ADDRESS DELIVERY...
STREET   &SADR-STRAS&... 
ENDADDRESS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

what happens if you do:

TITLE &SHIPTOADDR-TITLE&

NAME &SHIPTOADDR-NAME1&, &SHIPTOADDR-NAME2&, &SHIPTOADDR-NAME3&, &SHIPTOADDR-NAME4&

STREET &SHIPTOADDR-STREET&

&SHIPTOADDR-STR_SUPPL1&

&SHIPTOADDR-STR_SUPPL2&

&SHIPTOADDR-STR_SUPPL3&

CITY &SHIPTOADDR-CITY1&, &SHIPTOADDR-CITY2&

COUNTRY &SHIPTOADDR-COUNTRY&

REGION &SHIPTOADDR-REGION&

FROMCOUNTRY &LFA1-LAND1&

ENDADDRESS

or adding LINES 9 and/or PRIORITY S to you Address command line?

Or, since you have obtained the data into your own structure, just refer to the components and print out like you want....

ZZ &SHIPTADDR-TITLE& ...

• &SHIPTOADDR-COUNTRY&

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried the first approach already and for some reason I am missing City2 in the final display output.

I also tried your second suggestion on priorities just now and found that the order of the display of the fields is

Street2 (STR_SUPPL1)

Street3 (STR_SUPPL2)

Street

Street4 (STR_SUPPL3)

Is there a way I can fix this order, the priorities sequence I have used is A234SOTCRL and used the function module documentation for the order priority.

I do not want to go with the third approach since I have to handle the commas etc etc myself.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did not find any easier way to do this adjustment.

TITLE &SHIPTOADDR-TITLE&

NAME &SHIPTOADDR-NAME1&, &SHIPTOADDR-NAME2&, &SHIPTOADDR-NAME3&, &

STREET &SHIPTOADDR-STREET& HOUSE &SHIPTOADDR-HOUSE&

ENDADDRESS

&SHIPTOADDR-STR_SUPPL1&

&SHIPTOADDR-STR_SUPPL2&

&SHIPTOADDR-STR_SUPPL3&

CITY &SHIPTOADDR-CITY1&, &SHIPTOADDR-CITY2&

REGION &SHIPTOADDR-REGION&