cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with cache using Sybase Unwired Platform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I'm developing an application using SUP 1.5.5 (I need to use this version).

For example, a MBO 'Example' returns 5 fields for user 'user01' and 3 for 'user02'.

If I run the application with 'user01', I sinchronize and if I call the findAll() function, I recieve 5 fields. It's ok!

The problem is when I change the user from the mobile application (I remove the local database too!). I synchronized with 'user02' and I recieve 8 fields (5 from 'user01' and 3 from 'user02').

The problem is in the cache policy. By default, I use the cache policy 'On Demand', with 0 seconds, and 1 second. It doesn't work.

In this version 1.5.5, Sybase add the 'Online' cache policy. Documentation says: " access to real-time enterprise information system (EIS) data is required (CACHE VALIDITY IS ZERO). "

It's perfect! But... Online cache policy requires Message-Based mobile, but my application is Replication-Based.

The problem is how can I invalidate the cache, because if I synchronize with 'user01' and I restart the server, if I synchronize with 'user02', I recieve the correct data, because server's cache is empty.

How can I resolve this?

Thank you very much!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Josh

For filtering the flow of data between the unwired server and the device we need to use the Synchronization parameter.

Under the Synchronization option there is an check box alone with each synchronization parameter, called Query Limiting, try using this. Hope this will solve your issue.

Thanks and regards,

Rinzy Deena Mathews.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you very much for your answers.

I found your tutorial, Rincy Deena: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b08ed1fd-419f-2e10-769d-a989cbb4a...

If I understand well, the synchronization parameter is used to filter your request. These values that I have to pass are from the RFC's columns.

I don't have a column with which user belongs. Are there any type of query in Query Limiting to recieve only the correct user data? Or I'm obligated to add a column with the user?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you are using the synchronization parameter for this there is an option called query limting in the Synchronization tab, that will filter limit your query to your latest values.

Regards,

Ram