cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in sending Email

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

We have changed the mail configuration to use the Production SMTP Server. After this all the emails are getting stuck with following error

-

Facility=local4;sessionid=odp_event_mail_message_check;tenantid=#system#;username=<daemon>;exception=java.lang.SecurityException: Access to default session denied;stacktrace=java.lang.SecurityException: Access to default session denied

at javax.mail.Session.getDefaultInstance(Session.java:311)

at com.sap.odp.comp.messaging.daemon.ScheduleMailEventDaemon.sendMail(ScheduleMailEventDaemon.java:408)

at com.sap.odp.comp.messaging.daemon.ScheduleMailEventDaemon.processHook(ScheduleMailEventDaemon.java:246)

at com.sap.odp.comp.daemon.AbsTransientEventDaemon.process(AbsTransientEventDaemon.java:85)

at com.sap.odp.comp.daemon.ResponsibleTransientEventDaemon.process(ResponsibleTransientEventDaemon.java:167)

at com.sap.odp.comp.daemon.SystemEventServiceManager$TransientEventExecutor.run(SystemEventServiceManager.java:1937)

at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:512)

at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:462)

;Cannot send message

java.lang.SecurityException: Access to default session denied

java.lang.SecurityException: Access to default session denied

at javax.mail.Session.getDefaultInstance(Session.java:311)

at com.sap.odp.comp.messaging.daemon.ScheduleMailEventDaemon.sendMail(ScheduleMailEventDaemon.java:408)

at com.sap.odp.comp.messaging.daemon.ScheduleMailEventDaemon.processHook(ScheduleMailEventDaemon.java:246)

at com.sap.odp.comp.daemon.AbsTransientEventDaemon.process(AbsTransientEventDaemon.java:85)

at com.sap.odp.comp.daemon.ResponsibleTransientEventDaemon.process(ResponsibleTransientEventDaemon.java:167)

at com.sap.odp.comp.daemon.SystemEventServiceManager$TransientEventExecutor.run(SystemEventServiceManager.java:1937)

at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:512)

at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:462)

-

I have tried to restore the old local test SMTP, the mail is working fine. Even from the sourcing app server I did a telnet to the production SMTP and was able to send an email using command line parameters. I also tried to give wrong password and then the above exception changes to below exception proving that the above exception is not becuase of authentication

exception=javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException;stacktrace=javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException

at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:306)

at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:156)

at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:105)

at javax.mail.Transport.send0(Transport.java:168)

at javax.mail.Transport.send(Transport.java:120)

Any pointers will be really useful.

Regards,

Shubham

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shubham

Plz check you have covered all the following steps:

1. Set SMTP server host in system property messaging.smtp.mailhost

2. Set port in system property messaging.smtp.port (default 25 )

3. In System Information-> Daemons, E-mail Enabled is checked

Also plz check is there any authorization issue at your SMTP server which is not allowing the application to reach it. Since you are able to do a TELNET there doesn't seem to be any port issue though.

Regards

Mudit Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mudit,

Point 1,2,3 have been checked and are fine. Since the mail is working in the test SMTP environment, I do not see it as an issue.

I have searched internet, and its a common issue while working with Java Mail API. However there is no concrete solution.

I have an ID in production SMTP. I have configured my id in outlook and able to send email. Also telnet from server is working. So really not sure what is the problem.

Regards,

Shubham

former_member188433
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shubham - Were you able to solve this issue? I have the same error message in my Sourcing 7.0 development system. We are on Sourcing 7.0 SP1 patch 08.

Best Regards - Jeff

Mofizur
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having the same problem. Quite a few times I resolved it by restarting the application adn the server. But this time it is not working.

From one of the cluster I am able to send email but not from the other one. I checked but I was unable to find out any potential difference between the cluster configuration other than the hostname.

We are at v10 SP07.

Thanks,

Mofizur

Answers (0)