cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multicolumn EVS (or something similar...)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was trying to see if it was possible to have an OVS added to an InputField whose only purpose is to let the user pick a value from a table (i.e., no input parameters, no search button, the only thing that is left is the result table with filtering capabilities).

The result list is static/predetermined and is taken from a Value Node.

I tried to create a custom Datatype linked to the attribute linked to the InputField and adding the <value, description> pairs: it worked but the only problem is that I'm limited to pairs of values (i.e. two columns only). I need to display three columns: one is the value and two are descriptive infos.

Is this possible without developing a custom view?

Thank you.

///EDIT ///

After some investigation I've found that the custom Datatype strategy that I've adopted is called Extended Value Selector. I'd like to make an EVS with multiple description columns (two instead of one).

Edited by: pietro.m on Aug 1, 2011 5:16 PM

Edited by: pietro.m on Aug 1, 2011 5:18 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lokesh_kamana
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Limitation of EVS is it can support with two values.

Key,value.

So you have to go with OVS if you want a multiple column selction.

Thanks & Regards,

Lokesh Kamana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Iokesh,

thank you for your reply.

Is there a way to have an OVS from a Value node?

The characteristics of the OVS I'd like to make are:

- No input fields

- No search button

- Three column result table with content provided by a Value Node

Is this possible? Can you give me some advice on how to do it?

Thank you,

Pietro

vijay_kumar49
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pietro,

Is there a way to have an OVS from a Value node?u2014Yes We have Please look at the wiki : [Value Help - Object Value Selector|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/WDJava/ValueHelp-ObjectValue+Selector]

[Advanced Input Help - The Object Value Selector (OVS)|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/cf40cf90-0201-0010-4a85-e5a207b900d8?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]

I hope this is help full for you,

Regards

Vijay

Answers (0)