cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Materials and Normal Material as a part of Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

Can any body tell me d scenario when I can create Project material and Normal materials in the same sales order ?

My requirement is that I am using milestone billing. But this is applied for 1st 2 milestones only. For the rest it is delivery related billing.

So my solution is to create project material for milestone billing and actual materials for delivery related billing. So in delivery it will pick from my project stock with 601 Q movement type.

I cannot test this scenario in SAP due to some technical problem. Can anybody plz tell me that I can do this in Std SAP ?

Thanks for co-operation

Regards

Keshav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnx Srini,

I have tested this scenario in my SAP. Consumption is getting booked at the time of VL02N so as cost and revenue is updating at the time of invoice with VF01.

So its working now. Thnx for your help. Just 1 concern is that std SAP scenario to have milestone and then delivery related billing for d same sales order ?

Regards

Keshav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keshav,

Well it actually depends upon the business scenario. You can have milestone billing OR delivery related billing Or Order related billing..seperately or together in one sales document. I personally have not come across a scenarion wherein in the sale sales order, you have both Milestone and Delivery related billing.

Warm regards,

Srinivas Potluri

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnx Srini,

My concern is as I am picking from my project stock so revenue via sales and consumption is booked at the same time ?

Regards

Keshav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keshav,

As soon as delivery happens from project stocks, COGS is updated in project and when invoice is posted, revenue in the project is updated.So there will be some time lag between the cost booking and revenue booking on the proejct. if you want to male changes to revenue or costs, you can always do that in RA during the period end.

Please do let me know, if I have any query.

Warm regards,

Srinivas Potluri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Keshav,

Probably you need not create two materials. Create a "Z" item category group and assign it in the material Sales org 2 tab. Under "Assign Item category Group" in SD configuration, you need to map the sales Document type, Item category group and Default item category. Have default item category as TAN and Manual item category as TAO. ( please choose the default as per your need). Once you are in the sales document, have TAN item category for the line item for which you require Delivery related billing and TAO for the line item for which you require milestone billing.( You can change the default item category ..which defaults based on your configuration). Double click and notice that now a billing plan tab appears for the item relavant for Milestone billing.

I think you also have to configure the schedule line category so that the project stock is picked up while delivery. Please take help from your SD consultant.

Warm regards,

Srinivas Potluri