cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide/ Delete of the MASTER Page in adobe forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Friends,

i am a new of the Adobe Forms. My adobe form has the 5 pages, at the time of execution. i am gettin the 4 page is blank and it is master page.

Execution time, i am getting the frist 3 pages with data and 5th page also except the 4th Page, the 4th page it's always display the Empty, please suggest me how to delete/Hide the master page at the time of form display.

Can you please help me for this case.

Thanks & Regards,

kirankumar P

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have tried by hiding the master page by initializing the Context area, have also wrote the Java script to hide the same in both master page and Content area, but now the conent area is hided but still the master page is printed with Logo and Date fields. Please guide me on this 🙂

nsikka
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Well, you cannot hide Master page, It is something like a letter head on which you print your details.

Although you can use a different master page which is not having any thing on that and complete area is occupied with content area.

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Nitin Sikka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Nitin.

Will check an let you know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

I tried by creating master page filled only with content area but still i am getting a blank page , so how to avoid that ?

Pls guide me on this.

Thanks in advance

nsikka
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hey, I did not understand. Can you please place a screenshot of the layout. And what exactly you want to do?

Former Member
0 Kudos
nsikka
Active Participant
0 Kudos

if the page is coming blank then your content area that is body page is not having any content. Check the binding option for elements placed on body page.

If it is printing on 1st page and 2nd page onwards it is coming as blank then check the body page (sub-form) should be flowing not positioned. If it is positioned then it will not flow to 2nd page.

Thanks,

Nitin Sikka

nsikka
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no point in deleting for hiding the master page, as master page is nothing but like a letter head which is used to print the content.

Master page shall only be used if your data is overflowing to next page. So just check your body page design instead.. if data on body page is following then why it is not printing on next page.

Thanks,

Nitin Sikka

sunil_mani
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You can hide the master page depending on any condition you have. But there is one clean rule. If your master page doesn't want to get printed then content area of that master page should not contain any data. It means even if you hide all the data in the content area, your whole master page ( including its instances i.e overflown pages) will be hidden.

For that you have to create a text field in your layout and drag and drop it in the content area of the master page which you want to hide. The text field acts like a flag whether or not to hide the master page. If 'X' then hide. Else do not hide. The value of the flag field will be decided while coding in the interface itself based on your condition. Then wrap the data of the content area including your flag field in a sub form. Do not forget to hide the flag field after wrapping it in the sub form because you don't want to show this on the page if that page is displayed by any chance.

Finally click on the whole wrapped sub form. Write below Form calc script in events Initialization, Form Ready and Layout Ready.

Here the HIDEPAGE_FLAG is nothing but your flag field.

if ( $.HIDEPAGE_FLAG == "X" ) then

$.presence = "hidden"

endif

This code hides your whole sub form . It means there will be no data shown in the content area and the Adobe framework doesn't print that specific master page(and all its instances). 🙂

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sunil,

I am facing the same issue, trying hard to hide a blank page. Are you sure if we have a text field in a master page wrapped in sub form, will hide the whole page with the above code written. Have you tries on this.

Thanks and Regards,

Vadivu

sunil_mani
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes it will work.

pavan_prabhu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sunil's steps works perfect only when you use HIDE_PAGE field in the content area of body page for that master page i.e for a master page and all its instances. I had implemented somewhat same requirement successfully wherein I needed to hide the master page and its instance pages(e.g. overflown pages) for a particular condition.

By instances I mean, you should have a body page for that master page and you use the HIDEPAGE_FLAG in the content area of the body page instead of master page.

I think you are not using HIDEPAGE_FLAG field content area in body page of the 4th master page.

In such a situation if you are sure that you are showing only static content (unlike table), design all your data fields in 4th master page itself without using content area. Use the content area in the body page of 4th master page only for keeping HIDEPAGE_FLAG.

You have to set HIDEPAGE_FLAG to 'X' only when there is no data at all in any of the fields to be displayed in the 4th page This coding you can handle before calling the Adobe form itself.(i.e check if all fields are initial and set the HIDEPAGE_FLAG to 'X').

Make sure of below points.

• Make sure the binding is done for HIDEPAGE_FLAG.

• Make sure the HIDEPAGE_FLAG value is set to 'X'. Before doing further design, first drag the HIDEPAGE_FLAG on the master page and see the output to make sure that the value has been set to 'X' because your code depends on this value.

• If the value is set, make sure you wrap the whole data of the content area in a main subform. I think now your subform will contain only HIDEPAGE_FLAG field. Then on this main subform write the above given code by Sunil in Form calc in events Initialization, Form Ready and Layout Ready.

• Also make sure in the script editor the language is set to "Formcalc" where you have written the code in all 3 events and set the Run at to "Client".

Background: The reason you have to use the HIDEPAGE_FLAG field in content area of body page is, when you hide the subform (which is the only node available in the content area of body page), the Adobe framework deletes the master page instance itself and its overflow instances(if created) and does not show the 4th page in the output. You can use the same technique for hiding the master pages with dynamic content like tables as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

I want to hide a page and I followed your steps, but still i am getting a blank page at the end. The data in the page is hidden.

Any idea why ?

Regards,

Chaitanya

pavan_prabhu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Chaitanya,

Go to that master page. And uncheck the check box "Restrict Page Occurence". Else it will be set as minimum to 1. So even if you are hiding it through Javascript, framework will show atleast 1 page. So uncheck it as shown below.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

I created my page 4 based your suggestions in the blog.

My scenario is to hide page 4 based on a condition, for this from driver program i'm passing gv_flag = 'X' and binding the same to the the text field inside the sub form on page 4. I'm using below script in formcalc in intialize, form:ready and layout:ready

if ( $.GV_FLAG.rawvalue eq "X" ) then

$.presence = "hidden"

endif

When i see the print preview i got the below error.

"Error:accessor '$.GV_GLAG.rawVaue' is unknown"

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

"Error:accessor '$.GV_GLAG.rawVaue' is unknown"

"$.GV_GLAG.rawVaue'" should be GV_FLAG and not GV_GLAG as per your declarations.

and correct it to GV_FLAG.rawVaue and not GV_FLAG.rawvalue

Regards,

Chaitanya