cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System recovery

0 Kudos

Hi,

Due to raid failure we had lost a drive which contains OS ( windows 2003 ) and oracle binaries.

All the remaining drives which contains database files, archives logs, sap executables are intact and we have backup as well

However we donu2019t have backup of C drive, So once the OS is rebuilt I am planning to follow below steps

1. Install oracle with same patch level as it was earlier.

2. Install sap CI alone and create oracle SID & listener service using oradim

Since the other drives are intact use them and bring the database and sap up.

Is my strategy correct or is there any other any way?

Regards,

Jai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

First of all hostname and IP number should be same as the previous installation. Secondly, I hope that you have a backup of the SAP and database profile parameters? If it you have them, it will be more easy to recover your system.

At this step you should install Oracle RDBMS + SAP CI with the same SID. Please note that if your have existing profiles, you should backup them, before the installation. Then apply the patches on RDBMS and SAP Kernel as well.

After a respectful installation, you can delete Oracle datafiles created by new installation and copy your old installation datafiles in to the correct path. Please note that you should check "control files" before you open the database.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Additionally, if you have backup of the SAP and Oracle profiles, all the path configurations must be matched with the old configurations.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

0 Kudos

Hi Orkun,

Thanks for your inputs,

Ours is 4.7 Ent system abap stack, So installing oracle with same patch level and SAP Central instance alone and restoring the backup is sufficient or should i install the whole system ( central and database instance ) and delete the datafiles thereafter.

please advice.

regads,

jai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Orkun,

>

> Thanks for your inputs,

>

> Ours is 4.7 Ent system abap stack, So installing oracle with same patch level and SAP Central instance alone and restoring the backup is sufficient or should i install the whole system ( central and database instance ) and delete the datafiles thereafter.

>

> please advice.

>

> regads,

> jai

Hi Jai,

It should be good enough, but you should take into account missing registry entries and the items that I noted such as control files, paths, etc...

If you install the system from the scratch and complete installation respectively that I've noted, it will reduce your work on the system.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

0 Kudos

Hi Orkun,

Thanks for your help,

I rebuilt the system by installing database and sap CI alone.

Regards,

Jai

Answers (0)