cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to raise role creation/modification request in AC 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are implementing AC10. I have issue more related to the process followed than technical. Please suggest from your experience.

We found that we can raise the request for new user account, role assignment to user, etc in Acess Request(formerly CUP), but we cannot raise the request for role creation, role modification. This is directly done in Role management. My question is, how the security admin will recieve the requests for creating or maintaining the roles. Is it necessary to use ticketing tool for users to raise the request for role creation and modification.

Thanks everyone for your valuable solutions.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Role creation request need to come out of GRC in any form ,it can some kind of form out directly calling custoner care etc .

and then Security admin will create role in role management .

As per my understanding it s same as User creation where request and detail of user come from outside the GRC system ,it can be in any form like email ,form based ,customer support etc .

Hope I have answered your question .

Thanks & Regards

'Asheesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ashish,

Whatever you have mentioned is correct to have the common platform for every request, either for user creation or role creation.

But what we decided earlier, that the end users can raise the request in CUP directly, rather than involving security admin. But after realizing that there is no request type for role creation, I think we have to use our ticketing tool as a common platform.

Request will come to security admin from the ticketing tool and than he will create the request in CUP, thereafter it will follow the approval workflow. Only problem I see in this, it goes to the manager twice, once in ticketing tool and than through CUP workflow. i think we need to take out the manager stage from the workflow.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

CUP is for user access request management and

ERM is for Role management.

Its also a part of the the Access Control suite.

Regards,

Raghu