cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Profile for templates CJ91

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am an SD consultant and quite new to PS. Please execuse if my question is basic.

When i am creating a template in transaction CJ91 system is defaulting the "Project Profile (Proj-PROFL) " value as "DPSC1" and that filed is in grey mode. I couldnt make changes to that filed" .Can some one let me know which setting controls this and what makes system to default a value for this field.

Also could you let me know on the significance of these fields "Project Profile (PROJ_PROFL) and WBS status Profile (Proj-STSPR).

Thanks in advance,

Srini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you creating thiby copying an eixsting template? If yes the behaviour is correct as the project profile will get copied from the template you are using to create a new template. As far as your second question goes, i would suggest you to go through SAP Help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

Thank you for reply. Yes i am creating a template by copying standard template. Is there any way to change the value for field "Project Profile" while we copy from an existing template.

Thanks,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are copying from another template then you should use the one with appropriate project profile. If not you can create the new profile (without copying from another template) and select your own project profile in the selection screen.

Regards

Sreekanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you do not have a template with the required Project Profile create a new one. Copying an existing template which has some other project profile wont help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreekanth and Gokul,

I will assign project profile "DPSC_T1" to my new template , still I copy it from another template which is with the profile "DPSC1". When I tested in our sandbox in CJ91 initial screen i can specify a different project profile and in the column STD Proj defintion i give a template name which has different Project profile.System is allowing me to do so

Will there be any negative impacts going with this option?. Please suggest

Former Member
0 Kudos

There wont be any problem. System will prompt a message stating that it is copying options from the new project profile. Just click yes and proceed.

Answers (0)