cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forecast released into SNP despite Shipping Calendar has no working days

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have populated the shipping calendar in location master so that it is attached to a time stream that has no work days in Week 31. My understanding is that a forecast should not be released into SNP if the shipping calendar has no work days during this week. However forecasts were released and I dont know why that should be.

For factories that have 2 weeks off for example WK31 and WK32, the shipping calendar has respected the week 31 by not releasing forecasts into that week but not week 31. It only seems to be not respecting week 31.

Anyone give me any advise why this may be?

Mark

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member583013
Active Contributor

Hi,

Also make sure that you are using the same time zone in calendar and location.

Timezone in the calendar needs to be the same timezone as in the location, because - one day falls into 2 days due to the

timeshift and will be identified as 2 working days.So In canlendar assign the time zone same as in location master.

Regards,

Sunitha

yogesh_nitie
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thanks,

In my case i was having the issue of forecast release on non-working days in-spite of shipping calendar being present in the location master.

After reading your comment i inspected the timezones. Location Master had CST and Shipping calendar had EST. Fixing the shipping calendar to CST fixed the issue.

Regards

Yogesh Kumar

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mark,

Do you have your shipping calendar ends with 24:00:00 for all the periods?

If yes, please try make them end with 23:59:59.

Please check SAP note 1153897.

Best Regards,

Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

With older versions of APO, if the Shipping calendar at location master, is defined with the daliy end time 24:00:00 , then the next day becomes a working day and thus release will happen on non working day( e.g. Saturday) and there was an OSS note for the same.

Regards

Datta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Datta,

Thanks for your reply. Yes I have seen that one "Note 413145 - Release DP->SNP: Shipping calendar problems" like you say this one goes back to a really old version we are using SCM 5.0

Mark