cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Result of SNP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to clarify one confusion about the result of SNP.

SNP results in PurReq,Stock transfer and planned order.

I wish to know what happens after SNP run to each of these three result ?

PurReq ..?

Planned Order ..?

Stock Transfer ..?

what is the input for deployment ?

Regards,

Prabhat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhat,

Here are my answers.

Pur Req gets deleted and recreated.

Pur Order are remains unchanged.

Stk Trasf Order remains unchanged

Stk Transfer Requistion remains unchanged.

Deployment determines which requirements (Distribution Demand Planned at the source location) can be covered by the existing supply.

Existing Supply in this case is called u2018Available to Deployu2019 or ATD. ATD is the net of ATD Issues (grouping of requirement elements) - ATD Receipts (grouping of receipt elements).

ATD Issues and ATD Receipts are the input to Deployment.

Please let me know if you want to anything more.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Thankyou very much for your answer..

Basically what I want to know that when we run SNP then we get three result --

PurReq,Stock Transfer and Planned Order.

So my confusion is what next ...? What we need to do after that ..? How the system behaves for these three ?

And for Deployment- how the existing supply is calculated ? if ATD is the answer then how ATD quantity is calculated ?

Thanks,

Prabhat

Edited by: Prabhat Sahay on Aug 1, 2011 2:22 PM

Edited by: Prabhat Sahay on Aug 1, 2011 2:24 PM

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhat,

After SNP run, the usual practice is to run Deployment. Deployment run will confirm the stock transfers based on the available SNP results. The ATD quantity will be calculated based on the Category group maintained in the ATD Receipt and ATD Issues maintained at the Planning Area Key figure level.

Depending upon the Deployment profile settings you maintained for the Product, the deployment run will create deployment PRs to confirm the Stock transfer.

For further information, please go through the following help link,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_apo/helpdata/en/58/6a7b372d696966e10000009b38f889/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm41/helpdata/en/9c/1f7211305a11d3b6270000e82de178/frameset.htm

Regards,

Manimaran M.

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I don't know if you use PP/DS also in your project.

The SNP planned orders are for further process in APO PP/DS or R/3 MRP.

Deployment run should be in a samller period after production planning is done.

You can refer to SCM230 documentation if you have.

In Supply Network Planning Process Flow, you can see the flow should be:

Set up master data and the supply chain model -> Release demand plan -> Perform an SNP heuristic run, optimization run or CTM run -> Reveiw Plan/Solve problems -> Release the feasible SNP plan to DP -> PP/DS planning run -> Run deployment -> Run TLB -> Manually process uncovered deployment stock transfers.

And follows also detailed explanation on this.

Best Regards,

Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

Deployment is necesary when there is mismatch between demand and supply. If there is no mismatch, then deployment is not that much necessary but this not practically true.

Now my question is what is the combination of supply(ATD).What are the ingredients of ATD?

let me elaborate more...

Planned order should also add to the ATD quanity in addition to stock transfer ,because that much we have planned to produce , so the ATD quantity should be sum of planned order and stock transfer.

But, then what happens to the PurReq created by SNP?

PurReq should also be included in ATD quantiy because that much quanity we are purchasing -- so that quanity should also be added to ATD.

I hope I am clear...

Regards,

Prabhat

Edited by: Prabhat Sahay on Aug 2, 2011 8:33 AM

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prabhat,

Actually it is up to you to decide which categories should be incluced in ATD.

You'll need to create a category group in customizing settings and assign it to the ATR category group in the location master of the source location. SAP has provided a sample category group.

Some customers may want to exclued stock transport requstions from ATR.

It is OK to set this according to your business requirement.

Best Regards,

Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhath,

Purchase Requisitions: PRs are nothing but the distribution receipts (planned) at your Distribution Centre. i.e. You want to fulfill forecast and the sales orders present at your DCs with the stock from your plants. So a PR is created against your plants that you have configured.

For eg: DC 2400 requires SO qty of 100 and this is being created as PR against plant 1000.

Stock Transfer Requisition: The demand that the plant receives from the DC is called the distribution demand (planned) at the plant. i.e When you look at the plant 1000 for the same above 100qty that was the demand from 2400, it is called as STR at plant.

Planned Orders: So suppose you have no stock for fulfilling the demand that is coming from DC then you would create a plan to produce this quantity and this is called as Production (planned) -- or planned order at the plant.

But the planned order that you have created might not be a feasible one based on your capacity. or the planned order that you created is less than the required qty of 100 because of capacity constraints.

Then while fulfilling the demand using the actual stock available or the production orders based on your ATR settings in the deployment, you may be able to fulfill only 80. Then this 80 qty is distribution demand (confirmed) qty from the plant. This is called as Deployment: Release for Stock transfer requisition.

Please let me know if it helps.

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhat,

You may know that in APO, all the orders are handled as ATP categories and they are grouped in Category groups.

The calculation of ATD is decided by the Category group entered in the 'ATD Receipts' Key figure details in Planning Area.

If Purchase Requisition is also to be considered as a ATD receipt, that can be acheived by adding the ATP category of PR to the Category group. So the keyfigure ATD receipts will display the sum of the ATP categories (for example, planned order, PR, Production order, stock) exist in that period.

In the SPRO, you can maintain the Category groups in the following path,

SPRO--> APO -->Supply Chain Planning -->PP/DS --> Maintain Category Groups

Hope this clears your doubt.

Regards,

Manimaran M.