cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

import mapping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

My lookup table(account_groups) has multiple display fields(account group, source id) , I need to import my source(flat file) data to target.

My source file has vendor no, a/c grp, id_num, source id, I want the matching to be done on vendor no and a/c group, but I cant see the account group in my matching field.(even though i mapped my a/c group filed and source id seperately).

I tried to combine my source fields(account group, source id) using partition(comma delimiter) and then tried mapping to my target account_groups (lookup flat), now I see that the add button is disabled in value mapping.

Pls help me with the mapping

also pls help me understand handling import for multiple display fileds in MDM.

Rgds,

ve

Edited by: veena sexana on Aug 1, 2011 12:52 PM

Edited by: veena sexana on Aug 1, 2011 12:55 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try using compound filed concept when multiple display filelds are present.

Follow these steps to create compound field.

1) Map whatever display fields individually

2) Right click on one of the display field and then, you will get create compound filed option. After choosing that option, an compound field will get automatically mapped to destination field.

Try with this and it can be helpful.

Thanks,

Narendra

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veena,

As Narendra rightly said you can handle import of lookups with multiple DF using compound field concept.

Please follow the steps suggested in pg 279-280 of IM reference guide http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmdm71/helpdata/en/4b/72b8e7a42301bae10000000a42189b/MDMImportManager71...

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

If this is the case we use COmpund field right but

When we get a value in source and if it is maintained then the source is mapped to destination and imports successfully.

But if it doesnt exists it needs to get added to destination value and need to get imported.

In Short: Need to automatically-MDIS

import Non Qualifier fields in the Qualified table by adding the new values and if it is not maintained

-

I followed the same and got the below error.

My Compound field is Contract price.

Iam in MDM 5.5.

I have created a Compound field and works fine when i import records manually with one record. But when i use automatic process I get a strucutral exception. Then opening the IM manually and selecting the file using Port option in Import status i get error the 'Contract price' is not mapped.

the Compound field-Contract price which i have created on right clicking is not present in soruce and the destination field-Contract price is not mapped to any source field.

So when now i manually right click again -create compund field-Contract price, I get error 'Unable to retrieve source records' .

I have mapped all the Non Qualifier and then only i right clicked and selected the COmpund field-Contract price for the first time. but, y its not creating in automatic process.

Thanks,