Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM. Transport requests to test system

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I'm carring on my experiments with ChaRM. I have Maintenance project for tests on my SolMan 7.0 EhP1.

Could you tell me wich purposes are pursued by option "Transport into Sandbox System" in ChaRM menu?

I thought that if I choose this option only one of my transport queue will go to test system. But this option shows me

"No preselected requests. Action is cancelled"

For what purpose does this option need?

Also, for what purpose does option "Test Tranpsort" need?

As I understand the option "Test Tranpsort" needs for transporting the copy of the initial request (assigned to Normal Correction). But this option is obsoleted, because Requests could be transported within whole maintenance project only. Am I right?

When the Normal Correction change the status to u201CProductionu201D, the Change document should change automatic to u201CImplementedu201D the status, but it is still in Approved status. Seems that action didn't work correctly in Normal Correction close phase. Where could be the problem?

I have misunderstanding in a usage of the SDCR seqeunce and I need you assistence to clarify my mind

Regards,

Artem Ivashkin

Edited by: Artem Ivashkin on Aug 1, 2011 12:02 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Artem

i think you might already get the idea for first question as mentioend by another person.

For second question

TEST TRASNPORT

This is very useful as in this case the original transport is not released so the test transport carry the changes to QA and after testing you can decide to go it further or re do the changes

incase of redo you don't have to create another TR make the changes in same TR as it is not released you can do so and then again to Test Transport for it so again after testing it is OK

Transport now the original by Development Completed Action which actually released your Original request

here you can check the Weblog series or sequece of SDCR and SDMJ

/people/dolores.correa/blog/2009/07/23/change-request-management-scenario-working-examples

Another way is to explore it more with Service.sap RKT roadmap of solman for change management

Hope it helps

Regards

Prakhar

robertoram
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear artem,

For the sandbox system question please refer to this thread ->

The test transport functionality works only for normal corrections and are preliminary transports of the original one, this means that you can perform this test transports (transport of copias) as much as you wish, until you decide to export the final version of the TR. The test tranports onlu works from DEV to QA.

Finally the status of the normal correction (change document) is in production status, the change reequest should be in implemented, please double check that for the normal correction the production status is set.

Tha last question the common flow is that a change request arrives (SDCR) and when the change manager categorizes the change request it creates a change document (i.e SDMJ or SDHF normal/urgent corrections).

You can check the weblog of Dolores correa, it is amazing in regards of ChaRM topics.