cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Populating SAP Database table using JDBC adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I have a requirement to populate a SAP database table say ZTABLE using XI. The Model is the table has to be populated through a file which will be processed by SAP XI. Basically this is a File to JDBC scenario. The database used is ORACLE. Kindly provide me some idea to go ahead.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi you can create a custom RFC in ECC to update the table.

write to ABAP code to update the table.

and from PI call that RFC by providing the input then it willl update the table for you. Dont use JDBC adapter to update ECC table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debasis,

The customer doesn't want any ABAP program or Function Module to be written as it will need an extra effort. The requirement is to update the tables directly as those are the custom tables. That's why we are going with the JDBC adapter. Do you have any idea how to do it ?

Thanks,

santosh

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I tried to place the MS access table in the shared folder of the Application server system but still it seems the table is not being populated.

did you check the log in your receiver channel? (/people/sameer.shadab/blog/2005/10/24/connecting-to-ms-access-using-receiver-jdbc-adapter-without-dsn)

The requirement is to update the tables directly as those are the custom tables.

i would still say that do not update SAP tables directly from XI/ PI.....this is not a standard architecture/ solution....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to advice the customer that is not feasiable approach. You should have to use RFC or Inbound Proxy methods to update Z Table on ECC. using JDBC Adapter to update ECC Z table is not correct method.

Cheers

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you have already mentioned, it will be a file to jdbc scenario.

Define the JDBC receiver canonical structure and populate that accordingly in your mapping.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/64/ce4e886334ec4ea7c2712e11cc567c/content.htm

Search in SDN for sample receiver jdbc sceanrios, there a lots available.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiladitya,

Thanks for the inputs. I tried those examples (Blogs) from SDN but it seems there is some problem. I tried to populate a MS Access database table and populate it from the file. I tried to place the MS access table in the shared folder of the Application server system but still it seems the table is not being populated. Do you have any clue on it.

Regards,

Santosh