cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

quality notification integration with production module?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

What is the exact use of quality notification, can the inspection lot be triggered with this functionality, how it is integrated with production module?

Can quality notification be automatically generated through production order?

For the goods that is issued to production order - how to handle the quality rejections of such goods?

regards,

Sanjana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor

Hello Sanjana,

I try to explain as per my understanding.

What is the exact use of quality notification, can the inspection lot be triggered with this functionality, how it is integrated with production module?

1. Quality notification is used to record the defects in system with all details like defect location, production order. Notifications are also used to record the root causes of these defects.

2. You can mention the tasks that you have planned to eradicate the root caused.

3. You can find the provision in notification to enter the activities you performed against each of planned task.

4. In short quality notification are used to carry out a complete why why analysis.

Can quality notification be automatically generated through production order?

1. Notifications can be generated automatically through inspection lot. Not through production order.

2. However you can establish the link between notification and production order through inspection lot number.

3. Basically inspection lot gets generated with reference to production order. And against such lot when you record defects in QA32, system generates notification in background capturing required details.

For the goods that is issued to production order - how to handle the quality rejections of such goods?

1. Well this may have many solutions. Here it requires slight more inputs to clarify the exact scenario.

2. Whether 261 movement has been carried out and thereafter you want to reject the material?

3. The issued material is whether received from vendor or in house produced.

4. In earlier case I would prefer to map this through quality notification Q2. I would create notification Q2 through QM01 and post the stock to block stock through action box (transfer posting from unrestricted to block stock)

5. In case of later, Q3 notification creation and posting it block stock.

6. But in both the cases you need to carry out 262 movement first, if the answer to the question 2 is YES.

Regards,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your fantastic reply anand,

about the quality rejections - it is only for the issued material (raw material purchased from vendor) through 261.

So i just want an inspection lot be generated automatically when i do 262 reversal from production order, is that possible?

regards,

Sanju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Birds eye view --->

Production order->inspection lot->result recording-->defect recording ->Usage decision/ stock poting> Notification.

Above is flow of process & should answer many of your questions,