Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Completion level preceds the approval level

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP expert,

Our company is implementing SRM 7.0 right now and we have a confusion of what SAP means in the documentation for approval with completion level. It mentions, as I quote:

"If the process schema contains a completion level, it always precedes the approval levels"

Does it mean that the approver which able to do a completion (having inquire button) cannot be the approver AFTER the approver who can only approve/reject? We exactly have the requirement where ALL the approvers need to approve first, and only after that the purchaser will complete the shopping cart (eg. changing the free text item with a product id), where the purchaser will be the last approver.

This is to prevent the stigma that purchaser is delaying the process (IF the purchaser is the first approver with completion, then if there is a delay in purchaser it will be blamed on the purchaser).

Can someone shed the light on this matter?

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saravanan,

Thanks a lot for your help. One thing i notice in the note that you mention that by default if SC is in approval phase and when the creator receive the work item, he can only accept the rejection. I thought that if the SC is rejected the creator will always have the option to revise and restart the approval workflow? As in http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm70/helpdata/en/74/c0256bebb54f1c8dfb519d2908152b/frameset.htm

which one is correct? If the SC is rejected and it goes back to the creator, the creator can have the option to not accept the rejection right? By revising the SC and re-start the approval again.

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One thing i notice in the note that you mention that by default if SC ? I dont know where i did say this..

Here is the answer for your question.. when the SC is rejected in approval phase, the SC will send back to requestor for accept/change, requestor will have two options.. accept or edit.. if the requestor edit the SC and change the value.. the system will restart the workflow..

Saravanan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saravanan,

Thanks for the reply. However if the business requirement still going like that, I was thinking that we could set all approvers to be completion type. However based on the role we can specify that only the last approver (which is having the purchaser role) to be the only one that can change the Shopping Cart.

Is it possible to do like this?

Best regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since handling the SC change option is little different between PCW and ACW, SAP has released a OSS 1277921 to handle this kind scenario for PCW through meta data..try this note and let us know if you need more information...

Saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes - The completion approval process will be first before the SC will route for ONLY approval process.. the main reason why SAP deliver such way is , when the approver inquire about the SC the workflow will not restart and will keep continue with the current process level instead of restart the workflow..

Saravanan