cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do check out mode records in workflow are also avaliable for syndication?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

Do check out records in workflow are avaliable for syndication or they will not untill they are checked in? I have auto syndication ON with out any filters...

Regards,

Rajeev

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member207367
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

we can control the syndication of checked out records using an expression in Free form search of the syndicator map, if the user who checks out the record and user who syndicates are same.

Say for example if in your scenario check out only happens through the ADMIN Id and syndication(Manual/Automatic) also happens with ADMIN id then we can control the syndication of checked out records using the expression in free form search of syndication map

[Is Checkout Version] 

and the opertor value will be

is FALSE

we can not control the records which were checked out by any other user, other than ADMIN.

Hope i answered your question,let me know if any help required.

Regards

Sowseel

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajeev,

If a checked-out record is submitted for syndication,

then syndication process will syndicate original record only.

It won't syndicate checked-out version.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

MDM uses record Checkout to ensure data consistency,when a record is in Checkout state and a user makes changes to that then that change is not available to others till the record is checked in or is joined.

The idea to checkout in WF is to post changes to record once authorization are provided.

Coming to your question,yes you can syndicate the record in a WF by making port as manual.

Please refer to pg 9 of this guide http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d0be83e4-a1e6-2a10-c1be-8395ae948...

also see this relevant thread :

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ravi,

Thanks for your reply. BUt I my question is about syndication : So from syndication point of view there is no difference between check IN and Check Out status?? Irrespective of status syndication will happen if the syndication is automatic??

Say for example : I have a auto syndication and when a record imported in to MDM it will be syndicated??? After change/update/approval again record will be syndicated??? This is the normal approach??? If it is then need to keep a filter in workflow not to syndication if the record is in check out mode.. Is it so?

Regards,

Rajeev

Edited by: rajeev raj on Jul 31, 2011 10:24 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Rajeev,

To keep things simple you can either use manual ports to syndicate through WF or you can set port automatic and syndication map should have supress unchanged record as set.

So during the course of WF when record is enriched or new record is created the record lies in Checkout mode,now you reach STOP there you can either cascade/checkin/rollback.Cascade takes you to other WF,rollback takes to prevoius save point and Checkin save your record in MDM as approved record.As it is approved your automatic port will syndicate it out.

Thanks,

Ravi