Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to change the data source of SAP system

former_member298251
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We have install SAP netweaver EHP1 standalone java on oracle 10.2.0.5 on windows 2008 R2.

while installation i have given the central SLD system as solman,

By mistake i have deleted the system from SMSY.. now when i createed the system manually i am unable to change the data resource as SLD due to this i can start my SMD configuration

Request please let me know how to resolve this issue.

Thanks

Paresh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Don't try to create system manually in SLD. Just go to your As Java system and run visual admin there and go to SLD Supplier and there push SLD Data Transfer and it will again create entry into the SLD.

Thanks

Sunny

former_member298251
Participant
0 Kudos

dear Sunny,

Thanks for your respose,

I have follow your instruction but please let me know how we can get that entry in SMSY which i need to configure the SMD.

Sincerely

Paresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paresh,

Once you see the updated system data in the SLD, run tcode SMSY_SETUP in the solution manager.

This starts a landscape fetch job, enabling SMSY entry creation based on information in the SLD.

Regards,

Srikishan

former_member298251
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Srikishan,

I follow the same step and now i am able to see the entry in SMSY but when i check the system for SMD setup i get below error for this system

No Java Nodes defined below the Instance 'irdaepprd2_IPP_20'!

No Java Nodes defined below the Instance 'irdaepprd1_IPP_20'!

The Technical System is not well defined!

Could you please let me know if i am missing any thing,

Sincerely

Paresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paresh,

You can proceed with deleting your SAP system from SMSY (along with connected technical content such as AS Java definition) and the run the LANDSCAPE FETCH through transaction SMSY_SETUP to have the correct definition of your SAP system in SMSY.

Following this, you could use the addon Landscape Verification (a new thing I learnt today!!!) to check the correctness of transaction SMSY. The following link details the Landscape verification 1.0 for SolMan:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e093b3ce-c034-2d10-01bc-b51f1691d...

Hope this helps sort out your issue.

former_member298251
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks riki.. issue resolved

Answers (0)