SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when run the transaction ES55 or ES56 of Connection Object

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

I like to say that our organzation is going to SAP 4.7 to 6.0. All the basis activity has been comlpleted & now its testing time.

I was faced the problem when create connection for Business partner. Actually when I write the t-code ES55 for creation of coonection Object in SAP menu path & press enter then show the error "system settings for the alternative labeling of functional locations have not been maintained in Customizing."

So I have activate the funclocation location alternative labelling. after that again run the T-Code es55 this time show the error "An alternative indicator is active in Customizing of the functional location. This functionality is not supported for connection objects and device locations"

Please suggest me how we customized the conection object 7 how will resolve the error.

Thanks & Regards,

Deepak

2 REPLIES 2

oliviawalsh
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak,

please read note 964931:

These alternative labeling systems are not provided with the standard

product for the IS-U connection object and device location.

If you want to use alternative labeling systems for the IS-U connection

object and device location, SAP recommends a remote consulting.

Regards

Olivia

0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

Will please tell me taht without activation of alternative labelling, how we can open the T_code ES55 for connection object.

Thanks

Deepak