cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with catproc before and after 11g upgrade (production system)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Kindly help me with this serious error,

Before upgrade by mistake i ran catproc.sql from 11g oracle home (generally it should run from old oracle home).

Due to that invalid objects increased quite more and after that even i though i ran catalog.sql, catproc.sql and then utlrp.sql it really didn't help.

And then i have continued with Oracle upgrade using DBUA and i had errors related objects compilation and i have ignored it and continued it and upgrade is successful with errors like catproc is invalid.

sometimes i feel SAP consultants are not skilled enough, i am not getting proper reply from SAP and i have to deliver the system today whatsoever.

Latest solution from SAP is,

SQL> execute utl_recomp.recomp_serial();

BEGIN utl_recomp.recomp_serial(); END;

ERROR at line 1:

ORA-04063: package body "SYS.PRVT_ADVISOR" has errors

ORA-06508: PL/SQL: could not find program unit being called: "SYS.PRVT_ADVISOR"

ORA-06512: at "SYS.UTL_RECOMP", line 804

ORA-06512: at "SYS.UTL_RECOMP", line 817

ORA-06512: at line 1

and it didn't help. Could you please help us ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prabhakaryc,

well the best and safest solution is to restore your database with point-in-time recovery to a point before you run catproc.sql of Oracle 11g R2 and rerun the upgrade procedure the right way again.

Well i also have not the best experience with SAP consultants, but in your special case it's just wrong to complain about the "bad" support. You executed the wrong script accidentally and nobody (except oracle developers) immediately knows which procedures or PL/SQL package changed in which way and which are needed by the upgrade procedure.

Just restore your database and restart.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I agree with you in all the points u mentioned above. I can't complain about SAP support when i did mistake. it is all about frustration and sorry for that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have received reply from SAP, 2 objects could not be compiled and restore is the only option.

Hard luck for me in this case and i wish noone will do this

Thanks,

Prabhakar