cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebate Accruals.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have set up Rebates. I have done vkoa, and in V/08 all the assignments perfectly alright. I have by purpose removed requirement 24 in Bo01 and Bo02 to see the determination of rebates values at sales order level, and yes I am getting perfectly right values at sales order level in conditions.

Now my query is why I am not getting any accruals in VBo2. I have alredy did sdbont06 in se38, run vbof also. but not getting any accruals even after so many sales orders till billing done perfectly. Where I must be going wrong, could any one please help me ?

Venksys.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all.

gomatheeswaran_palaniappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the following settings:-

1> Rebate proc field of rebate agreement type - it should be blank for accruals to be generated. If it is 'A' it will block automatic generation of accruals.

2> In rebate pricing procedure whether account key is assigned for accruals

3> Check whether invoice is posted to accounts.

Regards,

P Gomatheeswaran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Rebate processing:

1. First requirement is that the rebate processing must be active for

a. the customer ( check in customer master) ,

b. for the billing type ( check in IMG > Billing > rebate processing > active rebate processing > select billing documents for rebate processing. )

c. For the sales organizatin:

( check in IMG > Billing> rebate processing > active rebate processing > Active rebate processing for sales org. )

2. Next create a rebate agreement For this ust T-code VB01. For the rebate agreement type you can choose either 0001

( group rebate ) or 0002 material rebate or 0003 ( customer rebate ) etc

b. Enter your rebate conditions. Dont forget to enter the accrual rate here.

3. Now test your rebate functionality : create a sales order for the particular customer, sales org ( ensure that the billing type used in your sales order is relevant for rebate) . Create outbound delivery, transfer order to do picking and post goods issue.

4. Now go to Tcode VB03 and check your rebate by choosing conditions , selecting the condition line and choosing payment data. You will see that the accruals and business volume are updated when accounting doc is created for billing.

5. Settling your rebates:

Once your rebates have been accrued you need to settle the rebate.

For this first release the rebate for settlement by using Tcode VB02. As a trial basis choose B ( you can choose other settings based on your requirement) and choose Create manual accrual. Now enter the amount to be paid and save the rebate agreement.

6. Next display your rebate agreement using Tcode VB03.

Enter your rebate agreement number . Next choose rebate payments > Rebate documents and select partial settlement. Click on the choose button to note down your credit request number.

7. Use Tcode VA02 and release the billing block for your credit request. ( use item overview tab)

8. Now use VF01 to create a rebate credit memo by entering the credit memo request number and save it

9. Now release the credit memo to accounting using vf02.

Regards,

Saju.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Rebates Processs in SAP is divided into three components

1) Configuring Rebates

2) Setting Up Rebates

3) Managing rebate agreeeements and payments

Pre-requsiistes- Check the following:

1.The payer partner needs toi have the rebate field checked in the customer master on the sales area-billing doc tab.

2.The Billing type must be marked as relevant for rebates.

3.The Sales Organisation must be marked as relevant for rebates.

Condition Technique :

Rebates, use the condition technique, but distinguish themselves from pricing in applying to transactions over time, versus on a transaction basis. Rebates have their wn field catalog and their own condition table naming convention.So you could have two condition table "001" one for pricing and one for rebates, which could have different key fields. You need to use the technical names A001 For pricing and KOTe001 for rebates when you use the query type using transaction SE 16..

Use create access sequence (AS). Enter 1 in field category for rebate specific. AS after going thru the right path of maintaining access sequence for rebates.

The big difference between the rebate and the pricing access sequence is that there is no exclsuion flag available for rebate related AS. This means multiple tables for an access sequence can be aplied at the same time.

Rebate related condition types are identified by codnition class -C.

After defining and creating condition types for rebated include them in the pricing proceedure. The requirement should be 24 here which implies that the accruals are calculated on the basis of invoice/bill.

The other fields- alctyp and altcbv does not allow you to manipulate how a rebate is calculated. Also, remove the requiremnt 24, if u want to see reabtes at order time.

Now payment of rebates:

Payments can be maunal or in full settlement. When you do manual payments, it defines how much can be paid out during a partial settlemetn. You use partial settlement only when rebate agreement is defined for a full year but the paoyouts are supposed to happen on a monthly, quarterly or anyother specified period.

These accurals are based on sales volume and when they are posted billing is created int eh follwoing manner. Provision for accruals is debited and Sales revenue is credited. When rebate credit memo is created

Customer account/ is debited and

Accrual provision account is credited.

Also, please note that when rebates are created without dependent ona material but on customer/material you need to refer to a material for settlement.

Regards,

Saju.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Saju,

I think you havent understand my problem properly. My problem is I am getting accrual values at sales order level (i.e because I have removed by purpose, requirement 24) in the item conditions. But then why I am not getting same accrual values in VBO2 ?

If I am not getting accruals then how will I pay ?

lastly the information which you gave me is very elaborate but I have alredy done those, now I am in the last part of Rebates, to say I am in paying the customers.

Regards,

Venkat.

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

My problem is I am getting accrual values at sales order level (i.e because I have removed by purpose, requirement 24) in the item conditions. But then why I am not getting same accrual values in VBO2 ?

Can you please tell me how your getting sales order level accruals value if you check the requirement 24 its clearly mentioned it is applicable for billing, Credit /Debit, Return

if you u removed requirement type 24 how system will retrieve the data ?

Regards,

Prasanna