cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC 6.0 to ECC 6.0 EHP5 : Impact on other systems in landscape

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

We have ECC 6.0 system with IS-Retail on AIX 5.3 with DB2 as Database in our landscape.It is connected to EP 7.0 (ESS,MSS)

BI 7.01 , PI 7.10 and Solman 7.01

We are planing to upgrade it to ECC 6.0 EHP5 .I have gone through Documents provided by SAP but still has some doubts

1 : How much space i exactly need for the same.As per document i will need 50 GB extra for DB and Some file system space for Downloading S/W and some temporary space.But as per discussion with some of my friends who did EHP5 upgrade it took approx 350 GB extra space, Also as per document in CHECKS Phase i will get the message for the sapce requirement but for the Presentation purpose i need to provide these detail to Client.Can you give your opinion.

(Our Databse size is around 1TB )

2 : I want to know what will be the impact on other systems like EP and PI, After activation of new functionalities how they will be reflected on the Portal or i need to upgrade my EP system as well ?????

Similarly what steps i need to perform for BI and PI systems.

Can you help me .

Kuldeep Singh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards

Kuldeep Singh

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

> 1 : How much space i exactly need for the same.As per document i will need 50 GB extra for DB and Some file system space for Downloading S/W and some temporary space.But as per discussion with some of my friends who did EHP5 upgrade it took approx 350 GB extra space, Also as per document in CHECKS Phase i will get the message for the sapce requirement but for the Presentation purpose i need to provide these detail to Client.Can you give your opinion.

>

> (Our Databse size is around 1TB )

>

Space required will be around 50-80 GB only. Initially you will need more space because it will ask you to create some new containers. But after upgrade you can delete old containers that will be empty and can release some space. Same has been there in post-installation steps of EHP5 upgrade guide.

>

> 2 : I want to know what will be the impact on other systems like EP and PI, After activation of new functionalities how they will be reflected on the Portal or i need to upgrade my EP system as well ?????

> Similarly what steps i need to perform for BI and PI systems.

>

You can check SAP note 1388258 for the same.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kuldeep,

Although the document mentions 50GB free space in the DB, as per experience - the space requirement seems to be more and depends on the database size. In my opinion, keep free DB space of approx 100GB in the DB to be on the safer side.

Impact on EP/BI/PI systems depends on the current functionality being used and also the planned after upgrade. First register the associated NW systems in the solution manager in relation to the ERP system - i.e. as Hub or Sidecar system. Next in the MOPZ select the respective planned Java technical usage. You would not ideally need to upgrade the connected NW systems, but few components in the system would need update. Check Section 4.2 of the Guide https://service.sap.com/~sapdownload/011000358700000569812010E/htg_erp60ehp5.pdf

Regards,

Srikishan