Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Timeout during Synchronous proxyc- 500 Connection timed out

former_member229310
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We are seeing the HTPP timeout issue in synchronous proxy. It says timeout aftr 250 secs

Error: -5

Version: 7200

Component: ICM

Date/Time: Thu Jul 28 15:38:10 2011

Module: icxxthr.c

Line: 4295

Server:

Error Tag: {-}

Detail: Connection to partner timed out after 240s

Kindly let me know the timingconstraints that need to be configured.

Thanks.....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi,

Increase the values (TIMEOUT AND PROCTIMEOUT, and keep_alive_timeout) as seen below example for the R/3 parameters (via SMICM):

icm/keep_alive_timeout

old value: <your_old_value>

new value: 900

You will also see the parameters where PROT=HTTP. Change the values here too similar to as seen below:

icm/server_port_0

old value: PROT=HTTP,PORT=<your_port>,HOST=<your_host>,TIMEOUT=<your_old_value>, PROCTIMEOUT=<your_old_value>

new value: PROT=HTTP,PORT=<your_port>,HOST=<your_host>,TIMEOUT=900,PROCTIMEOUT=900

icm/server_port_<n>

old value: PORT=<your_port_value>,PROT=HTTP

new value: PORT=<your_port_value>,PROT=HTTP,TIMEOUT=900,PROCTIMEOUT=900

You could also take a look into these notes:

#824554 - ICM and SAP Web Dispatcher Timeout Parameter

Afterwards, restart the system for the new values to take effect.

Regards,

Caio

former_member472138
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I see this is a connectivity issue. Check the required ports are opened.

Regards

Pothana

former_member229310
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We are creating material master via BAPI_MATERIAL_SAVEDATA which is used in a server proxy. There are no issues when the data is 400 to 500. It get processed easily, as and when the volume grows to 1000 and above it throws the timeout error.

Let me know what changes i need to do.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is not a problem with Connection issue, when you send high volume data your BAPI taking more time to give response back, so please debug your BAPI like is there any wait methods used in code(take ABAPer help),if nothing woring in BAPI then

change timeput value mentioned in above reply.

if possible try to send volume 400 to 500 only, you have to very much careefull while working sync scenarios with high volume data.

Regards,

Raj

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are u expecting or processing large volume of message? First evaluate the reasons for timeout. This could be connectivity issue or firewall port issue. If it is working for low volume message then go and change the timeout parameter in SXMB_ADM.