cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDN deploy on localhost problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo,

When I deploy an EAR-archive to WebAS I got a "cannot connect to localhost-error" but the machine running the WebAS is a remote one.

I have installed WebAS/Portal on one machine and the Netweaver Developer Studio on another machine. WebAS is up and running and I can see all WebAS processes in the Developer Studio using J2EE-Engine View. The first node of the view is the IP address of the machine I installed WebAS but the J2E instance node has localhost as HOST entry. And this might be my problem

How can I change the HOST entry of the J2E instance?

regards,

Joschua

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joschua,

In Your Netweaver Developer Studio , In the Menu barGo to

<b>Window>Preferences</b> then click on <b>SAP J2EE Engine</b> in your preferences window.Select the radio button <b>SAP J2EE Engine is installed on remote host</b> and enter your WebAs Application Server Host name or ipaddress in <b>Message Server Host</b> input field.Hope this will work.

Please reward me points if it works for you.

Regards

Venkata Chithirala

suresh_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joschua,

In addition to vankat reply. did u added remote machine entries in your host file:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

Add details remote m/c ip address and server name:

10.38.9.77 <server-name>

check whether your able to ping remote m/c...

Regards, Suresh KB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkata Chithirala,

I already set the preferences and I can see the WebAS-Server through Developer Studio using the J2EE-View. The WebAS is reachable from my system, I can surf to the portal and other things. Its also possible to telnet the SDM from my system.

The problem is, that if I deploy an EAR with Developer Studio that "cannot connect to localhost"-error comes up and that I think is because of wrong parameters in the WebAS preferences. I used the Visual Administrator and was capable to login to WebAS but there are so many preferences I don't know how to start.

Thanks, Joschua

Answers (0)