cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter issue

sergio_cifuentes
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts, i'm currently using a BW Cube based universe, i created two filters at universe level:

Filter 1:

<FILTER KEY="@Select(Solicitante\Solicitante)"><CONDITION OPERATORCONDITION="NotEqual"><CONSTANT CAPTION="202366"></CONSTANT></CONDITION></FILTER>

Filter 2:

<FILTER KEY="@Select(Solicitante\Clas.Clie.)"><CONDITION OPERATORCONDITION="NotInList"><CONSTANT CAPTION="12"/><CONSTANT CAPTION="15"/></CONDITION></FILTER>

if i use it separately each of them they work fine, but when i use them both, it doesn't work at all, any ideas?

Thanks,

Sergio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created the following two conditions at my end and they seems to be working fine. I have used them together in the report.

<FILTER KEY="@Select(Account\Account)"><CONDITION OPERATORCONDITION="NotInList"><CONSTANT CAPTION="HOURLY SALARIES"/><CONSTANT CAPTION="MEDIA PARTNERSHIPS"/></CONDITION></FILTER>
<FILTER KEY="@Select(Profit Center\Profit Center)"><CONDITION OPERATORCONDITION="NotEqual"><CONSTANT CAPTION="MF USA"></CONSTANT></CONDITION></FILTER> 

On which version you are working?

Regards,

Rohit

sergio_cifuentes
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks, I know, if I use another two filters they also work for me too, i don't know if it's because the two filters are over the same "class" (BW characteristic) but different "object" (BW attribute).

Anyway I'm working on BO Edge BI 3.1 SP3 and BW 7 Ehp 1 SP8.

Regards,

Sergio

Edited by: Sergio Cifuentes on Aug 5, 2011 9:14 AM

sergio_cifuentes
Participant
0 Kudos

Another curious thing about this, is that if i create a universe based on a Bex Query the both same filters did actually work!! so i can assume that the problem it's only when i use an universe based on an infocube.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

Try comparing the SQL when it is working as expected vs. when it is not to see what are the differences. Just a thought.

Thanks

sergio_cifuentes
Participant
0 Kudos

Comparing the SQL, captured by the SQL trace (st05)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I just mean check the SQL in the Webi report for each. Click on the SQL icon in Webi to see what code is generated. That may help you discover the problem.

Thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergio,

When you say it doesn't work at all, do you mean it returns no data? or do you mean you get an error?

Thanks

sergio_cifuentes
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, no what i meant was ... it return all rows, like any of the filters was applied.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It may well be treating them with an OR operator rather than an AND operator.

sergio_cifuentes
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks, already done that(in a webi report), and doesn't seem to work.

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do not include these filters instead add two query filters at webi report level and see you are getting expected result or not.

Thanks,

Amit

sergio_cifuentes
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks, if i use report level filters, they work as expected, but i can't do that, 'cause i need it too in polestar.

Also i was wondering if the problem resides in the universe creation (universe based on a BW infocube)?

Regards,

Sergio