cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

client refresh - import-export method

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP gurus,

I plan to perform a client refresh by using import/export method.

1.-Export client from PRD to transport directory

2.-Import client from transport directory to QAS

In phase 2. Do you guys know if I can simply import the change requests (client copy) into an existing QAS client that I want to overwrite without doing any other preparation step?

The target is refreshing this client in QAS so I do not have to set up the connections again.

Thanks in advance,

Marc

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

Once you are done with Phase 2 i.e client import ,you have to perform post cliet copy steps

This could be done wit SCC7 T-code.

Let me know if you need any other inforamtion.

Regards,

Srinivas Chapa.

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> In phase 2. Do you guys know if I can simply import the change requests (client copy) into an existing QAS client that I want to overwrite without doing any other preparation step?

> The target is refreshing this client in QAS so I do not have to set up the connections again.

Yes. you have to first import the Transport on your target client then do the post processing on SCC7. All other information has already given.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Marc,

For Client Import-export you need to check space on your QAS server if enough disk space is avail;able or not.

Also Support package level for QAS and PRD should be same for best results.

You can check client size by running the report RSTABLESIZE & RSSPACECHECK. Please refer this SAP Note 118823 - CC-ADMIN: Size of a client.

Mostly the client export created is 1/10 the size of the actual client size.

As you mentioned about the conenctions, now I am little surprised are you really talking about client refresh or System refresh ??

Cheers !!

Shobhit Garg