cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not updating the WIP values in the Level 1 WBS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Project Structure contains Three(3) levels.

There are two RA keys assigned at L3(Level 3) and L1(Level 1).

and

The WIP values in the L3(Level3) WBS during the REL status are not getting aggregated to the L1(Level 1) WBS.

I need help in aggregating L3 values into L1 level which is currently not happening.

Please help me out with this situation.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Srinivas,

Basically the hierarchy is as follows:

PD 1

WBS 1 - COS = REV status (the cost are getting picked up)

WIP = REV status (the costs are not getting picked up from the lower levels of WBS 1.4)

WBS 1.1

WBS 1.2

WBS 1.3

WBS 1.4 - WIP = REL status (the costs are getting calcualated, but they are not rolling up to the higher level of WBS 1)

Hope this picture is clear, please do let me know of how to make sure that costs are rolled up when the status changes to REV in the higher levels of WBS elements.

Regards,

Sharan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well I guess, cost will not get rolled up from the below WBS element. Its only the RA data which will get rolled up from the lower level WBS element to the Top level WBS element. SAP document says " If you want to perform Results Analysis separately for specific subhierarchies and valuate the entire project, the top element in the project is assigned a Results Analysis key with the project structure indicator B. The planned and actual data from subordinate WBS elements are summarized upwards; plan, actual, and results analysis data from the WBS elements, where results analysis has taken place, is passed to the top element."

In your case, Have two diferent RA keys. In the key which you are assigning on the top level WBS element, under the configuration of valuation method ( expert mode ,for all statues), have a project structure indicator as "B". For the RA key which you are assigning on teh bottom WBS element, have RA kay with project strcuture indicator as "A". Probably this would work.

Warm regards,

Srinivas Potluri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Srinivas,

We want to see the WIP at level 3 which is under status REL, to be picked up in Level 1 under status Rev WIP.

When calculating the contribution margin, it is inflating and getting skewed, and the value it shows up currently is 0 at level 1 status Rev WIP

Dear Abdul,

The reason we are using 2 RA keys is to seperate RA's performed at each level.

Hope this helps.

Thanks & Regards,

Sharan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try to create a scenario as suggested in my earlier post and test. I am not sure if it works, but try to do RA on the lower level WBS and then on the top WBS element.

Please do let me know the result.

Warm regards,

Srinivas Potluri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the RA key which you have assigned in the 1st Level WBS element, in the valuation method, OKG3, please change the project structure indicator to "B", in case you maintained any other thing.

Please check after doing this change. Hope this helps.

As abdul indicated, Please let us know the business requirement.

Warm regards,

Srinivas Potluri

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please give the reason why you are keeping two RA keys at level 3 and level 1