Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sampling Procedure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Greetings.

Can someone help me out with complete sampling procedure(step by step) for any kind of new product devlopment(I.e garment new style no.xyz) in SAP?

At the moment we are doing all the activities outside the system.

Any help would be much appriciated.

Best Rgds

Nitin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

krishnamurty_madduri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sampling Procedure has nothing to do with a new product development. Once a material is mapped in Material Master, with QM view- Inspections mapped in it, you need Sampling procedure to draw samples for the Lot that is under inspection. I quote from the above link Sujit gave: "A sampling procedure defines the rules that specify how the system calculates the sample size and it contains information about the valuation of an inspection characteristic during results recording (attributive, variable, manual, etc.)".

A request: This forum will serve its purpose best only when you go through the help notes in help.sap.com and do try it in the system and then seek help for any problem that you face. Regards, KrishnaM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Actualy I m looking for a complete process of new product devlopment of our finished product(Step by step) in SAP.

Can you please advice? How can we implement that in sap?

I would be much greatful to you.

thanks

Nitin

krishnamurty_madduri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The steps would be: New Product developed>Map it in Material Master> Assign QM View with Inspection types specified>Sampling Procedure>Indicate Sampling type (Fixed/100% inspn/Sample percentage/use Sampling scheme)>Select Valuation Mode (this is very important because: the characteristic is evaluated based on this valuation mode. Pl. note that there are several Statistical options in addition to Manual mode)>Select if necessary: Multiple Samples>Click on the left top corner "Sample">indicate the sample size here.

Thus, you create Sampling procedure which is assigned to each characteristic in the Inspection Plan.

Hope it is clear now. Regards, KrishnaM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot.

Best Rgds

Nitin

muhamed_faisal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

if you are looking for sampling procedure Sujit link will be very help full

But if you are searching for a new product design.. pls consider following points as per my understanding by the help of expert in this forum...

If any new change for the existing material or entire new material

create a physical sample by using QPR1

prerequisites:-

activate inspection type 15 in materiel master

create quality plant with usage as 9

create inspection lot by QPR2

make inspection and record result and give usage decision

Hope this may help some extend if you are really looking for a new product development

pls revert back with further queries

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos