Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning employee to WBS.

karthik_k3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have created 3 resources for one of the 2nd level WBS element, the three resourses are Testing, designing and development. One employee should enter his time based on his projects( for eg: Testing-3 hrs, Designing -4hrs and Development-2hrs). The billing element has to be 2nd level. Can you tell me to which level i have to assign employee? Can i assign the employee by selecting edit-wbs element- project item for WBS Element? or are there any other ways to assign the emp? Please guide me..

Thanks in advance,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you created 3 resources or 3 activities for the 2nd level WBS element? Assuming that you have created activities, create a project team for the 2nd level WBS and assign the resources to the activities that you have created. This should suffice your requirement. I also assume that you are not going to do Workforce Planning.

For more details on Project Team for WBS element refer SAP Help.

karthik_k3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response.

The purpose of this project is, the employee has to select each task and as to enter his time. Employ working in 3 projects,lets assume tasks (dev,testing and designing)

I have created three 3rd level WBS elements to 2nd level WBS. Each 3rd level i renamed as Development, Testing and Designing. No activities or networks present for te project.

400132/10

400132/10/10(Development)

400132/10/20(Testing)

400132/10/20(Designing)

I have assigned one employee to each 3rd level WBS Element by selecting each 3rd level (EditWBS Element-Project team for WBS Element).

So the employ as to select each task and enter the time in cat2 for how many hours he worked in each Task(dev,testing and designing)

please guide me in this regard whether i did correct or not.

Thank you.

Edited by: Ishaan-Jatin on Aug 1, 2011 4:01 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why don't you create activities and assign the employees to these activities? This is a standard process. Please go through SAP help and read the sections on Assigning employees to activities and Timesheet. Revert with specific queries.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can assign reources to WBS using the method you mentioned. I would sugget, please go through the SAP help documnetation and that should clarify all your queries.

Regards

Sreekanth