cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP sender acknowledgement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a scenario in SAP PI 7.1, SOAP Sender <-> SAP PI -> IDOC. In this case the incoming XML message from the web service sender will be validated by SAP PI and if or not the validation passes, PI needs to send an acknowledgment back in a custom XML format.

I think I cannot use sender agreement validation as the acknowledgment message is in a custom format, e.g

<responseMessage>

<errorcode/>

<errorreason/>

</responseMessage>

Please suggest.

Also, if the validation fails, I believe I cannot let the pipeline go to the message mapping step to create IDOC.

Thanks very much

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This can be done as follows...

If the validation goes through successful, you need to send response to two recievers 1) IDOC and 2) acknowledgement resp to soap sender and if it fails to one reciever that is only fault message to soap sender. Do multimapping without bpm. That's it. Decide validation logic in the mapping area.

Use the below link for designing.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/90dcc6f4-0829-2d10-b0b2-c892473f1...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try for a sender Java proxy where you can incorporate the validation code.

Another option would be to break up the scenario into 2 parts. SOAP <> PI <> RFC. The custom RFC sends back a positive or negative response to the sender web service application and stores the xml in a temp folder in the app server.

second interface : File --> PI --> IDoc, where you pick the xml file and post the Idoc into ECC.

Also, refer the fol link for more help

/people/sap.user72/blog/2006/01/16/xi-propagation-of-meaningful-error-information-to-soap-client

Regards

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Chcek the possibility of creating fault message with custom validation code in java

check this thread stefans reply on same thing .it will give you a direction how to proceed with it.Hope it helps you

Also see