cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI MQ Sender Adapter in PI 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Few questions regarding PI MQ Sender adapter. I found that these parameters are not configurable in JMS sender adapter in PI 7.1.

1. What is the default number of connection retries that PI adapter will do, incase of connection failure?

2. What is the duration between these connection retries?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvana ,

In JMS adapter if you are putting messages on queue then genrally your JMS adapter tries thrice to put the message in queue .

i.e called three time it re try before putting hte error status . Secondly how much time it takes depends on the setting you have made in your CC by default it is 1000 msecs I hope .

However in case of sender JMS adapter if you want to set any pooling interval then that you have to set in the queue property by default there is no any pollling interval for sender JMS interval it start picking the message as soon as message received in MQ queue .

Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Saurabh.

Here we are discussing JMS/MQ Sender adapter settings for connectivity and not message polling interval.

I am not able to find connection retry count or connection retry interval for this adapter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can these optionis in the RWB for the receiver adapter....

for the sender it has to be changed at NWA..at the service adapter properties level...

check with the basis they may be able to help you to trace the path for the property...

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajesh,

Unable to find the JMS sender connection parameters in NWA. Do you have any idea where it would be in NWA?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to change the messaging.connectionDefinition property of AF and add a new property specifix to the JMS adapter service.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/a7/c3d341c4cbc317e10000000a155106/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nagarjuna,

The queus mentioned in the link are adapter framework messaging system queues,to which sender channel sends the data. We cannot configure MQ connection using them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes...These are global parameters and not specific to particular channel.

The changes to these parameters effects the adapter service and all interfaces using the adapter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Nagarjuna. These are global parameters for all channels in Adapter framework messaging system. Not for the JMS channels that connect to queues outside PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

From my analysis, my conclusion is JMS sender behaves same as File sender adapter. Please comment if you disagree.

Number of retries: PI will continue to reconnect till it gets connected

Interval between reconnection: Configurable from JMS Sender adapter in ID. Processing --> Error Handling Settings --> Wait Before Reconnect (msecs).

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Number of retries: PI will continue to reconnect till it gets connected

>

This is not true, it tries min 3 times to reconnect to your source system later it thows error, if your system down.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj,

Where can we find this number "3" for retry count?

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

\

AdapterEngine>communication channel monitoring->select your communication channe-->settings(click on settings)

it will show maximum number and retry intervavel.

Maximum number value defualt3,but you can change the value.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj,

Settings tab is available only for receiver jms channel, but not for sender jms channel.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Number of retries: PI will continue to reconnect till it gets connected

Interval between reconnection: Configurable from JMS Sender adapter in ID. Processing --> Error Handling Settings --> Wait Before Reconnect (msecs).

Correct for Sender Channel.