Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to pass dynamic conf data between mappings

gabor_hornyak
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I have an Idoc2File scenario where I am generating an xml file from the incoming Idoc.

I generate the filename with timestamp and random number in the dynamic conf. object and I need to pass that name back to the sender sap system so they can store idoc num and filename.

Is there a way to pass that filename to a different mapping?

Or is there an other way to achieve this?

thanks

Gabor

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make a RFC look to the ECC system and send your IDOC number and the FIlename using Function Module.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

gabor_hornyak
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Chandra, RFC lookup works perfectly for that scenario, reward points are yours.

(BPM was not an option)

Just curiosity: what if I wanted to write a logfile (e.g a filelist.txt)on the same sftp server next to the real msg files? Is it possible to pass the filename to that log interface somehow? without bpm?

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per my understanding. u want your log filename should be same as the filename which you are sending to ECC system.

In Mapping use Dynamic Configuration and assign the created filename to Filename parameter of File adapter, create another Receiver agreement and in Communication Channel, check the checkbox against filename under ASMA.

gabor_hornyak
Explorer
0 Kudos

no, the filename would be today's date and the content would be all the filenames created on that day

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi you can Go for BPM

In Bpm Export the filename as parameter from the mapping and import that filename into second mapping

/people/jin.shin/blog/2008/02/14/sap-pi-71-mapping-enhancements-series-parameterized-message-mappings

or

send the IDOC to two receivers

one is FILE

Next is ECC itself

in second mapping use the same mapping logic for file name and send it to ECC.

in this case timestamp may differ in two mappings