cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

in process inspection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone suggest me what steps to follow for in process inspection activated inspection type-03 in material master, created BOM,Routing with 3 operation(with free inspection point).in 3rd operation means in operation 30 I assigned MIC.created production order with serial number.

Lot is created automatically, did RR for operation 30.accepted the MIC.

Now pls tell me what I have to next

Regards,

siddharth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to confirm the related inspection operation of the production order by CO11N. You can either carry all of the materials to the end of the operations, or post 1 quantity as scrap. After confirmation you will do goods receipt into the storage location by MB31 or MIGO 101. If you confirm 1 quantity as scrap, the cost of the whole order will be settled for 3 pieces. If you plan to reuse the 4th piece, also confirm it as yield and after receiving into strorage location decide what to do with it next. In transaction CO11N you cannot enter serial numbers, but in goods receipt, MB31 or MIGO, you can specify which serial numbers are received into stock.

Regards.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have almost deon all the steps till Result recording.As I understand 03 inprocess Inspection is maily for the Record the result for the in process depending upon the routing.Here there is no provision of the stock posting so what remain is only Take Usage Decision.

Remember that even you do not take UD os 03 Isnepction type ,there will be effect on 04 inspection tyep( final production ).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

still confused to complete this cycle what to do next.even i moved further for in process inspection-

i am facing problem in GR for serial number.

Lot coming from inspection type 03.in QE51N,i did RR for all 4 qtn. Out of 4 with serial no 10,20,30 is pass and 40 is fail.

when i am doing MB31 for that production order,even serial no. 40 is fail its going to unrestricted stock.how to control this?

system should object that serial no. 40 is fail.

Regards,

sid

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure where you will specify thet sr no.40 has failed.

You have done RR of the 03 inspection lot.you have taken UD but you can not do stock posting,as 03 isnepction lot is not stock relevent.Then how system will know that you have serial no.40 failed.

This can only be done for 04 inspection type by doing stock posting as "Rejected/Return delivery" for serial no.40.

For this you have to do GR through MB51.

I hope you are getting what i tried to explain.....!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sujit,

...For this you have to do GR through MB51.

MB51 is Material document list.

Please confirm by which i can do this.

Thanks & Regards,

sid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ohh my mistak.. Its .MB31

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

i did with MB31 only.even in that its not restricting me to post serial no. 40 means the fail one.

is any setting is missing?

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Siddharth,

I think Ozgen has explained it correctly! Your settings are correct as per my knowledge.

There is no co-relation between serial number wise result recording and goods receipt in MB31. In the scenarios like this you have 2 options.

1. In CO11N put 1 quantity in SCRAP field, and carry out MB31 for 3 quantities only (Do not use not ok serial number here)

Or

2. Carry out MB31 for 4 quantities as if they all are okay. Post not ok serial number either to block stock or scrap it through QA11.

Regards,

Anand Rao