SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FMDerive for Refurbishment Order

former_member1263984
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a problem in derivation strategy for refurbishment order related with FM.

When create RO, it must assign the FM account assignment for funds center and commitment item to catch the consumed budget. Maintenance section who input RO want that funds center and commitment item generate automatically to reduce the assignment mistakes.

In FMDERIVE, first I used function module FMDT_READ_MD_ORDER Read Order Master Data where the source field is order number of a maintenance order and the target field is order type which read USERTEMP1. Then I create derivation rule Order Type (USERTEMP1) to Funds Center. But it does not happen anything.

I ever create derivation rule Sparepart Material Number to Funds Center, but it don't effectively running because there's many spareparts.

Any solution? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Set a trace in FMDERIVE, create your PO and analyze FMDERIVE report; you will see why your rule deos not work. It could be, for example, that you didn't mention 'overwrite' flag for the fund centre when you derive it from USERTEMP1. Just activate the trace and see what is wrong.

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Set a trace in FMDERIVE, create your PO and analyze FMDERIVE report; you will see why your rule deos not work. It could be, for example, that you didn't mention 'overwrite' flag for the fund centre when you derive it from USERTEMP1. Just activate the trace and see what is wrong.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Thanks for your reply.

I already activated the trace and begin to create RO again. When create the RO and assign the cost, there is funds center and commitment item in the trace. When I go to the GOTO --> ASSIGNMENT --> FUNDS MANAGEMENT, suddenly the funds center and commitment item field was blank.

I think it's because of the trace didnt read the USERTEMP1 again. What should I do now?

Many thanks

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should be able to see from the trace analysis what exactly went wrong; if it was USERTEMP1 or something else. Please, analyze this trace and revert back with the output. As I said, make sure that 'overwriting' options are correctly set for the fields derived.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi,

I already set the funds center as overwritten. I checked again the trace and the derivation analysis.

In derivation rule Order Type (USERTEMP1) to Funds Center, it said that the source field contains no value. It means that the derivation didnt get the USERTEMP1, right?

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Thanks again.

Just check again in the overwrite field in the derivation, solve the problem