cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide values in URL, passing data between two webdynpro(ABAP) applications

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day to all.

I'm passing data between two webdynpro applications using URL parameters and would like to hide them from user, or hide the hole URL string. I am using CREATE_EXTERNAL_WINDOW method of interface IF_WD_WINDOW_MANAGER to call the second application in external window.

Can anyone tell me, how can I reach my goal. Any help will be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

if second application should appear in my UWL.

if i am correct means you can go with workflow assignment to pass values between two applications,

or otherwise you can create two applications in one component,

e.g

create two windows embed main view to first window and assign the first window to default application .

same way embed second view to second window and assign that window to second application by using component controller interface you can pass values between two applications.

Regards,

Srini.

former_member199125
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ...

Try like this,

Generate one custom url for second application using below method.

call method cl_wd_utilities=>construct_wd_url

exporting applicationname = 'your second application '

importing out_absolute_url = 'V_URL' " v_url is of type string,

you can pass V_URL in external window parameter.

Regards

Srinivas

saravanan_narayanan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello IIya,

I doubt whether you can hide the URL parameters. but what you can do is you can hide the entire address bar. for this while creating the external window, you need pass the parameter HAS_LOCATION as abap_false.

BR, Saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Saraa_n,

I've already tried to set this parameter as ABAP_FALSE, but address bar is still present.

saravanan_narayanan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello IIya,

are you running the WDA in compatible version of the browser? which browser you are using and whats its version? are you using ECC 6.0?

I was successful in setting this parameter in ECC 6.0 and IE7.0.

BR, Saravanan

Edited by: Saraa_n on Jul 29, 2011 10:09 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

System is ERP 6.04, browsers - IE8 and Google Chrome 12

saravanan_narayanan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

May be you can try this in IE7.0. I'm not sure about IE8.0 and google chrome.

Or we can wait for experts inputs on this

BR, Saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately,using IE7.0 as a browser is not an issue, as our users use IE8 and Google Chrome, so I have to found a solution that will work while using them.

former_member199125
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you use my solution? I think if you follow my way, u will get some custom URL, not the standard one. So uses will not able to see the actual url.

Regards

srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I use this method to construct URL and add parameters to it, but they are visible to users. And my goal is to make them invisible or hide address bar.

mh97
Contributor
0 Kudos

Ilya,

Perhaps instead of passing parameters, you could use [shared memory|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/c5/85634e53d422409f0975aa9a551297/content.htm]?

If I were in your situation that's what I would probably do. You could key the shared memory entry with userid, and if necessary something you don't mind passing visibly, such as timestamp.

Just an idea ...

Margaret