cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order - IDOC Inbound Process

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First of all, I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this thread - don't hesitate to move it.

We are integrating a new EDI process for sales.

This process includes inbounding of sales order.

How can we realize this flow?

1. Idoc is incoming from our customer.

2. Sales department checks the data of the idoc

3. If Ok , sales department will process the idoc to a VA02 sales order.

If not ok, sales department should NOT process the idoc.

How can the sales department check the data of idoc BEFORE the are inbounded?

Because with EMORD, the IDoc already must be a sales order in SAP.

Or am I wrong?

For the inbound we use the FM IDOC_INBOUND_SINGLE.

Maybe there is a flag, which inbounds the IDoc but don' generates the sales order.

Thx in advance

Christian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member1115366
Active Participant
0 Kudos

One way to do what you have described:

1. Set the partner profiles for the inbound ORDERS message to u201CTrigger by background program.u201D This will put the inbounds into status 64 until they are selected for processing by a user.

2. Write a custom report to list status 64 ORDERS according to relevant control record data (like sender and date received).

3. Build into the output screen of the custom report the ability to u201Cdrill intou201D an IDoc and display the information that your Sales folks need to make a decision.

4. Build two command button actions into the u201Cdrill downu201D screen

u2022 Process the IDoc (using a call-transaction to standard program RBDMANI2).

u2022 Reject the IDoc and change the status to something other than 64 (like 67 or 68).

May I suggest another approach?

Configure the document type that gets created by the ORDERS IDocs to default with a delivery block upon creation. Then your Sales folks can review it and decide whether to remove the block or reject the entire order.

Regards,

zKen

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello zKen,

first thank you for your fast answer and sorry for my late reply (holiday).

I already thought, that I have to create a program on my own.

However, could you please explain your last approach a little bit more precise.

Thx in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian... Please create / Configure new sales doc type and put a block so it wouldn't get delviere unless and untill the block is removed from the sales doc. The block removal authorisation should be given only to yr sales team so they can review and if found everything as per requirement then they will remove the block and after that your team can furthere process the order.

Hope this will help u.

All the best.

Thanks

DK:)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are 2 ways to do it:

1) Use inbound message type ORDERS and IDOc type ORDERS05, set the partner profile for your customer either as a KU partner type or LS.

2) The standard FM IDOC_INPUT_ORDERS has some user exits.. you can put your checks there and let the IDoc pass or fail based on these checks.

Alternatively, do step 1 and as already suggested in the order type configuration [ VOV8] assign a delivery block.

So when the IDoc is posted and sales order created it is created with a delivery block and business users can go and verify the sales order without it going to LE/WM.

If you want more info, post what exactly are you looking for?

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Raghu.

Answers (0)