cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

solve this issu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anybody give a suggestion on this scenario.

EP system -

>XI -

> HTTP Web links(.txt and .xls files are in links)

from EP system, EP people want to trigger for the text or xls files. here iam using soap sender and synchronus interface. the problem is how to pick the files from the HTTP WEB page. file sender adapter only pick the files from the web page. but we need inbound communication at receiver side. how it is possible. how can i go through.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why are using File adapter to send data to Web Page, use HTTP adapter to send data to web site and it should return reponse as a XSL or Text files.

if you have a path of the web site where xml files stored then using UDF we can read it easily.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

I am not sending any data to the website. i want to pick the files from the website. the files are in text format and xls format. i want to convert those files into xml and again send back to the EP system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balakrishna,

Follow this blog: /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2010/01/22/pixi-how-to-get-an-xml-file-from-a-web-page-without-own-development to get the file from the webpage.

Check this for converting the XLS file: /people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2009/04/05/excel-files--how-to-handle-them-in-sap-xipi-the-alternatives

For normal text, use content conversion to make it XML file.

Your scenario would be like:

Pull file from webpage and use file adapter to send to XI then to target EP system.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BalaKrishna,

Please ref: /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2010/01/22/pixi-how-to-get-an-xml-file-from-a-web-page-without-own-development, you may get an idea.....

Also, ref: /thread/1598464 [original link is broken]

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hareen Kumar,

I am already know about the wget os command. i use in file sender adapter in run operating system command before message processing prarmeter. it directly picks the files. but, i have to use inbound because the http web page links are at receiver side. is there any other adapter to pick those files.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Hareen Kumar,

this link is not working /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2010/01/22/pixi-how-to-get-an-xml-file-from-a-web-page-without-own-development

Former Member
0 Kudos

try this: /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2010/01/22/pixi-how-to-get-an-xml-file-from-a-web-page-without-own-development

Follow the process as Raja said, you would be able to resolve the issue

Thanks,