cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbound Queue blocked: Parallel and alternative sequences are not supported

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just now, I checked the Inbound Queue in SCM system through SMQ2 and found which was blocked by error message "Parallel and alternative sequences are not supported". Could you please tell me what does it mean? How to fix it?

Thanks,

Quanyin Su

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhay_kapase
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Quanyin Su,

Parallel and Alternative sequences are used in routing.

I believe you are trying to CIF PPM/PDS from ECC to APO and you are getting this queue stuck at inbound of APO.

Both the alternative and parallel sequences are supported in APO.

Alternative sequence is used as alternative modes in APO.

I can think of this as a master data issue.

At least one of your work center used in either of the sequences is not available in APO or is not APO relevant.

Could you please check your master data such as all the work centers used and make sure your parallel and alternative sequences are consistent.

Once you made sure that master is available in ECC, you can CIF it to APO by using CURTO_CREATE transaction in ECC.

Please see below link for Routing and its usage in APO:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_apo/helpdata/en/99/ed3a981d0f11d5b3fc0050dadf0791/content.htm

You also need to activate a BADI in order to sent alternative sequences to APO.

Below thread has all the details regarding this.

Regards,

Abhay Kapase

Edited by: AbhayKapase on Aug 5, 2011 2:24 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Quanyin Su.

Is the error raised when you try to send a SNP PDS to APO? If yes, please make sure that there are no alternative or parallel sequences in the routing/recipe as in SNP, the sequence relations must be linear and without interuption.