Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC --> XI --> RFC

philipp_wagner2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We have to set up a scenario with RFC-calls from R/3 to XI to R/3.

I followed <a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step's weblog</a>, but with no success.

My problem is to send the RFC to XI, the rest should not be a problem.

I created in R/3 a SM59-destination type "T" according to Michal's weblog and in XI directory a RFC sender channel with the same Program ID, Gateway Host and Gateway Service as the SM59-dest in R/3.

When I try to run a function module using the new RFC-target, I get a dump and no message appears in XI monitor.

I am sure I am doing something wrong.

Any help is appreciated very much.

Kind regards,

Philipp

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you test the RFC from SM59 on your r3 ?

is it working there?

Regards,

michal

philipp_wagner2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

yes, in R/3 the SM59-destination is working. But I am wondering where this SM59-destination has got the information about the target system from. I did not enter any information about the target integration server.

Or do I have to create another SM59 in XI?

Thanks and best regards,

Philipp

Former Member
0 Kudos

For RFC Sender (RFC -> XI )

1. Create a RFC Serder adapter, informing a Program ID (Any name) and others parameters for connections.

2. Create a destination in R3 system:

- Type: T

- Technical Settings: Registered Server Program

- Program ID: The name of program ID that you informed in RFC Sender

3. Call a RFC using the destination created

For RFC Receiver (XI -> RFC)

Use the RFC Receiver Adapter

Evandro

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Take a look at this blog and see if you have entered valid values for GATEWAY HOST and GATEWAT SERVICE.

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2008/01/08/troubleshooting--rfc-and-soap-scenarios-updated-on-20042009

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

wot does it say in the dump..??

philipp_wagner2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

the dump in R/3 says:

"lookup of alternativeServiceIdentifier via CPA-cache failed for channel"

No message appears in Integration Engine Monitor.

I can see the XI system as a logged on client in smgw of the R/3 system (system type "REGISTER_TP"), also the communication channel in XI adapter monitor is green.

Best regards,

Philipp

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Take a look at note 730870 . Question 15.

<i>15: Whats wrong when the error message "lookup of alternativeServiceIdentifier via CPA-cache failed" shows up while sending a RFC call to the RfcAdapter?

A: A RFC sender channel is located beneath a service within the Integration Directory. Within this service choose "Service" -> "Adapter-Specific Identifiers". The values in the fields "R/3 System ID" and "Client" has to be maintained with the correct values of the system, that sends the RFC call to the RfcAdapter. It normaly only makes sense to have these values filled for services of type "Business System". If maintained in SLD, this fields will be filled automaticaly for services of type "Business System" and can be updated with the button "Compare with System Landscape Directory".

If a non-ABAP system is used to send RFC-calls to the RFC-Adapter sender channel it may is not possible to set the SYS-ID and CLINET values in this external RFC client. The checking of these values can be disabled in the 'RFC Server Parameter' settings in the sender channel. Choose 'Advanced Mode' and deselect 'Verify Sender System'.</i>

Regards,

Bhavesh