cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC Overiding the Data on SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working on MDM 7.1 SP5 Vendor Master Implementation. We are maintaining all the SAP data in MDM and there is no manual intervenation at SAP ECC

So we have used standard repository , CREMDM04 as XSD and the standard process code for IDOC

Later Business has decided to maintain only one field Search Term 2 directly in SAP ECC and not part of MDM

So i have unmapped that field in the Syndication map, and also in the PI mapping .

When we syndicate the data from MDM to SAP, the IDOC overrides the search term 2 directly maintained in SAP ECC

When i checked in the IDOC posted to ECC, this field SORT2 is not part of it.

As a workaround, though SORT2 is part of only ADRMAS, still i have passed / though it is not mapped. But no luck

Could you kindly help me to resolve this

Regards,

Antony

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

If you pass / as nodevalue then it will not overwrite the existing value in ECC. map it with constant /

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Map the field SORT2 with the value of / either with constant in PI or pass the value / from MDMitself and make it mapped in PI....

this will not overwrite..we had the same issue and sorted out by passing the value / from PI...

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

I have mapped the SORT2 in MDM & as well as PI with the value /

In IDOC the sort2 value is going as / and over rides the value in SAP

I believe the / concept will work only for CREMAS so that it will not over ride the ADRMAS data which is posted to SAP

Please advice is there any work around as this issue hampers our go live

Regards,

Antony