cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File-XI-File

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to collect so many files from a directory and merge them into one. I dont have to do mapping. Just colelct all files and merge them into one. At certain point of time during a day I need to do this colelction and merge. Will someone have similar situation ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

I have a similar scenario as that of urs. can u plz let me know how did u acheive this?(Merging of 'n' no. of different files together and move to some location). any help wud b greatly appreciated.

Thnx in Advance

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

I dont understand your question clearly.Merge files, and no mapping?

You can use a BPM if you want to collect/merge files within XI. Check this blog

/people/krishna.moorthyp/blog/2005/06/09/walkthrough-with-bpm

cheers

Prashanth

P.S Please mark helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

I gone thru the weblog. If there is no mapping required why do you need mapping step.

in my case

Flat files will be like this

File1:

123, 345, abc , 789

567,567, hgfd, 9890

File 2:

mnb,wert,rthkf, awsder

Merged file will look like:

123, 345, abc , 789

567,567, hgfd, 9890

mnb,wert,rthkf, awsder

I dont do content conversion

I just colelct files as is and merge them using BPM into one single file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Here are some samples,

Look at these blogs for content conversion,

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/02/file-receiver-with-content-conversion -- File Receiver Content Conversion

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/06/08/how-to-send-a-flat-file-with-various-field-lengths-and-variable-substructures-to-xi-30 -- File Sender Content Conversion.

Good thread about FILE to FILE

Note:Please award points for helpful answers.

Goodluck

Suneel

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Use BPM to do this.

You can have Fork step with 3 recieve steps, to receive 3 files and then execute one transformation step to tranform/merge 3 files data into one file and then send this.

You can go thru the bpmPattern available in the SAP BASIS SWCV for this.

for more-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/0e/56373f7853494fe10000000a114084/frameset.htm

regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to definitely pick the files using content conversion because XI can understand only XML. To convert the source structure in to a different structure you should definitely need a transformation step. If your source and target structure are same then there is no need of transformation step. To find a sample process to collect messages see in BASIS objects.

Regards,

Sudheer.