cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI terminated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I have updated our SAPGUI to 720 patch 4. A few users' SAP sessions crashed with messge "SAPGUI.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close" while some other users are frozen or dumped out without any logs in ST22 and SM21. Does anybody experience the same issue?

Thanks,

Haifeng

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

sapgui chrasehs or terminations can have differnt root causes...

Os it is not easy to tell you in this forum, where the real erro is.

In this case the best way to try to solve these problem is the installation

of tha latest sapgui patch level.

The latest Sapgui Patchlevel 7 with Hotfix 1 will solve many cuases of chrases or

terminations

Please install the Patch 7 Hotfix 1 from

[SMP|http://service.sap.com/patches]

and check the issue in the involved programs again.

IF crashes still exist, then you can open CSS message in BC-FES-GUI

and we will have a deeper look on it.

Thank you

BesT RegarDS

Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

Thank you for your help. We will test the latest patch. Points have been assigned to you.

Thanks,

Haifeng

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I didn't get the same problem as you or your users did. But I notices something similar. From beginning of my installation of SAP GUI 7.20 sometimes when I do some action(some normal using of dialog transaction) all sessions are terminated. Basically I have a lot of sessions to different servers. On one of them I press F4 (search help - but also on another actions) an whole SAP Logon is gone => closed. Problem is that this happens only few times on with different conditions. So I don't know exact conditions of this problem. This happend also with patch level 6 Hotfix 2. In Level 7 I didn't noticed this yet. This happend also to some of other users, so it's not just my problem.

But one thing I can advise, is to use/turn on Traces (SAP GUI Options > Traces). Maybe something there will help you with your issues.