cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI File Adapter: StringIndexOutOfBoundsException

Ben_B
Explorer
0 Kudos

I've worked in PI for a few years now but ran into the error below for the first time the other day. The error is from the communication channel monitor log of a file receiver adapter.

Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: Error when getting an FTP connection from connection pool: com.sap.aii.af.lib.util.concurrent.ResourcePoolException: Unable to create new pooled resource: StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 3

We are FTP'ing data from our externally hosted PI server to an internal file server using non-standard ports. We have done this exact same process successfully a handful of times for other interfaces but something about this setup just doesn't work. Because we FTP to the same server with different ports, I've changed the port to one that works for another process (to verify that the rest of my configuration was correct) and it worked fine. I am also able to successfully FTP from our PI Unix server to the target server without issue.

Has anyone else seen this issue or have any insight as to what may cause this error?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is becaouse of insufficient threads ...either you need to increase the threads or you need to set to "per file transfer" in your channel configuration.

Any way if you restart the channel now it will work.

Check and let us know.

Regards,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

Possible reasons for the errors are:

1. The target server is down. Check if the server is available by pinging.

2. FTP services are down. Check if you are able to login using ftp command.

3. Firewall is blocking the connection. Check with the firewall support team.

4. The target server is non responsive. Check with the server administrator.

Thanks,

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

1. Please check out SAP Note 821267.

2. Each port can accept upto a certain number of connections. Please check if the limit is already reached

3. Try restarting the communication channel once again.

regards

Anupam

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

this problem is stll occur?

maybe it cause from ftp server.how the max count of coneection pool of FTP server?

It was occasionaly, all connection pool was used....

if you use the interface again, it will run successfully.

Naoki