Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementing Access Control List on Existing Project and Network Profiles

Ben_Setiawan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am looking into implementing ACL in project system. I set the ACL indicator on existing project/network profile and I realized that the ACL only works for newly created projects. The ACL tab is not showing on projects that have been created before the config is changed. Is it possible to generate ACL for old/existing projects? The objective is to secure existing projects as well as newly created projects.

I also learned that ACL is only applied to project master data and plans, but not on the actuals/reports. Do you know any mechanism to somewhat extend ACL to secure PS reports and actual postings?

Any input is highly appreciated. Thank you.

Ben

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

The ACL functionality as I understand is not fully functional. It works well for the reports only for posting on Network activities and not on WBS elements. As per SAP, its only for mastar data. But in reality , due to a bug in the program, it partially works with the network activities and not with the WBS element. Hence it cannot be effectively used to control the display of reports. We had discussed this with SAP and they had suggested us to use enhacement "CNEX0002 Check on authorizations"

As Gokul mentioned correctly, it may not be possible to use ACL to control the transactional posting on the project objects.Also for the projects already available, it may not be possible to restrict the views( Unless you use enhancement ). Also there is no way to bring back the ACL functionlity, if you have deleted the same in CNACLD.

Hope this helps.

Warm regards,

Srinivas Potluri

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I doubt whether it would be applicable to the old projects. As far as i know ACL would not be applicable for reports etc. you can make use of authorization objects for this. To control the actual postings you could also make use of User Status with relevant authorizations.

Regards,

Gokul

Ben_Setiawan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

I found SAP Note# 1239943 to activate ACL for existing project.

Ben

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

Thanks for sharing the info. Appreciate your good gesture.

Regards,

Gokul