cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Values not the same when using Risk Simulation in CC 4.0 and GRC 5.3 SP15

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

We are upgrading our system from VIRSA 4.0 to GRC 5.3.We were doing our UAT testing and found some peculiar scenario.We would just like to know if this is a known issue with the old system or the change in logic.

When performing Risk Analysis using CC 4.0 by using Report Type :SOD at Auth object level and checking the option "Risks from Simulation only " for a role we get the Risks but when we do the same in RAR 5.3 using Report Type :permission level and type:role and select "Risks from Simulation Only" as yes it doesn't give any risks but when we select it is as No it gives exactly same risks as in the CC 4.0.Can you please let us know as to why this discrepancy.We have the exact same rules and risks,mitigation controls migrated over to the new system and also the user has same access across 2 systems.We are on SP15 for GRC RAR.

Thanks

Uday

Edited by: uday madireddy on Jul 28, 2011 9:37 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

CC 4.0 by using Report Type :SOD at Auth object level and checking the option "Risks from Simulation only " for a role we get the Risks but when we do the same in RAR 5.3 using Report Type :permission level and type:role and select "Risks from Simulation Only" as yes it doesn't give any risks but when we select it is as No it gives exactly same risks as in the CC 4.0

I don't see any issue here. When you select No, it displays all the existing risks, and Risks from simulation is Yes, it shows the risks from the simulation only.

Regards,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think the issue got confused over here.

When we run it in CC 4.0 and GRC 5.3 the results should be same right?

i.e.CC 4.0 by using Report Type :SOD at Auth object level and checking the option "Risks from Simulation only " for a role we get the Risks but when we do the same in RAR 5.3 using Report Type :permission level and type:role and select "Risks from Simulation Only" as yes it doesn't give any risks.

So why is this difference?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

Got it and yes they should be the same. When you are running the simulation, are you populating any values. I remember a similar issue when the simulation still return risks in CC 4.0 without entering values.

Regards,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Yes i am populating values i.e a user and role in CC 4.0 and similarly in 5.3.

Thanks

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems some issue with the configuration settings. Please contact SAP.

Regards,

Raghu