cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create New Image Variant

Former Member
0 Kudos

When an image is imported, the Original is loaded and stored. A thumbnail type is created as well. As we need more types for images on the client side, I created a new Variant, and associated this new Varaint with the image lookup field in the Products table image field in MDM Console. I went on to import an image to the Images table from the MDM Data Manager and see the status of the new Variant is set to "Required; Not Exists" in Record Detail view. I used the "ReImport" manual to reimport and the status changed to "Required; Not Done". Here comes my questions:

1. how to import an image and set the status to "Required; Done" or how to make the imported image get to a status ready for use?

2. How to use the new Variant on the client side? I checked the Original type on the client side and it is -2 and the Thumbnail type is -1. How would I get the enumeration value for the new Variant?

Thank you.

ZW

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajani,

Thank you for the answer.

I got the following message after the execution:

Failed to generate variant 'TEST' for image 'image.gif': Failed to connect to an Adobe Photoshop Automation Server.

What is the Adobe Photoshop Automation Server and how to configure this?

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

MDM uses Photoshop automation server for generating Variants. Please refer to Installation Guide for more information.

Regards,

Rajani

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to generated Image Variant using "MDM Image Manager" after creating it?

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Select "Generate" button (Red Exclamation mark) in Image Manager.

Regards,

Rajani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zude,

Have you generated your Image Variant using "MDM Image Manager" after creating Image Variant?

Regards,

Rajani Kumar