cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cube build process deadlocks on SQL Server database

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a cube build process scheduled to run twice a day on our SQL Server 2008 r2 database. Recently it has been intermitently (but frequently) failing with a deadlock error. I've searched for answers and have come up with 2 possible solutions: 1) change from parallel processing to sequential processing. 2) drop the indexes before the cube build, then rebuild them after.

I relayed this info to our SAP person who said he tried to change from parallel to sequentiial but for some reason his settings will not save. He makes the change, goes back to look at the settings screen and it has reverted back to parallel. He tried making the change, then running the process, but it still reverts back. Also, he cannot find any setting for deleting / re-creating the indexes.

I am not familiar with SAP (just the DBA trying to resolve these deadlock errors) so if I've omitted vital information, let me know and I'll get it.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's very difficult to give an advise without knowing the release you're running, the database version and what object is producing the deadlock.

I suggest you start a search on http://service.sap.com/notes

enter "deadlock" as search term and component BC-DB-MSS.

Markus